Jobs at Overclockers UK
Overclockers UK has continued to expand its market share since it commenced trading in 1999 with an annual turnover at current levels in excess of £40 million. This success has been achieved by offering the public a unique combination of carefully selected high performance products at nationally competitive prices backed up with the best standards of customer service and technical support.
As Overclockers UK grows, so does our requirement for additional high calibre personnel looking to be part of a stable, secure and successful operation. You will find our current vacancies below but in addition to job specific requirements you will need to be hard working, punctual, able to work under pressure, live within daily commuting distance and have your own transport.
If you think you are suitable please click on the relevant "Apply for this position" link or contact us quoting the relevant Job Reference at the address below. Please give full details about yourself, any experience and include your CV.
Position: Software Developer – VB6 / VB.Net / SQL
To be considered for this role of Software Developer we are looking for the following skills and attributes:
Duties / Responsibilities
* Strong VB6 / VB.Net / SQL skills
* Comfortable working with business managers and users to develop and support in-house and 3rd party applications
* Experience developing and supporting software in a trading, distribution or warehousing environment
* Ability to develop relationships and deliver good customer service
* Excellent organisation skills and the ability to manage time effectively
* Experience of financial systems (Sage) would be beneficial
This is very much a hands on position requiring strong development and programming experience in the .Net framework. You will be working in VB.Net / SQL Server / VB6 systems and will be an integral member of the team.
Position: Weekend Shop Assistant
Within our busy sales and customer service team a part-time vacancy has arisen for a Weekend Shop Assistant. Customer Service will be integral to your role and you will ideally have some basic experience in this area. However individuals that show flair will be considered and training will be provided. Also a strong knowledge of computer hardware is essential to succeed and progress with in this role.
Responsibilities and duties
- Offering pre-sales and hardware advice
- Taking orders from shop customers
- Processing card transactions
- Processing cash payments
- Solving customer service issues
- Liaising with the warehouse and sales team
- Dealing with customer quotations
- Opening and closing the shop
Saturday 9:00am to 5:00pm
Sunday 10:00am to 4:00pm (December only)
To succeed in this role you will have strong written and verbal communication skills and have a helpful, friendly attitude as well as;
- Some previous experience, an advantage but not necessary
- Strong knowledge of current hardware and configurations
- Smart appearance
- Minimum of 5 GCSE (or equivalent) including English Language at grade C or above
- IT Qualifications would be advantageous to your application but are not essential