+44 (0)1782 44 44 55
8GB Micro SD – Samsung Pre-Loaded with NOOBS (Official Card & Adapter)This Official Micro SD Card Bundle for the Raspberry Pi consists of a Samsung Class 6 Micro SD card pre-loaded with the Official Raspberry Pi NOOBS (New Out of Box Software) package, and a beautifully screen printed Micro SD card adaptor with the Raspberry Pi logo! Simply plug this SD card into your Raspberry Pi, and on first boot you will be given a choice of six recommended Raspberry Pi Operating Systems, including:
- Archlinux – A Lightweight and Flexible Linux Distribution
- OpecELEC (Open Embedded Linux Entertainment Center) – XBMC Media Centre OS.
- Pidora – A Fedora Remix optimized for the Raspberry Pi
- RaspBMC – A Linux Distribution Based on Debian that brings XBMC to your Raspberry Pi
- Raspbian – The recommended OS, which contains LXDE, Midori and Development Tools
- RiscOS – Designed in Cambridge, England by Acorn. Released in 1987, it’s a little bit of history!
A note on SD card nomenclature. The card we’re offering here is rated as Class 6 – in some metrics, Class 6 means slow. This is not the case with this card, which has outperformed many Class 10 cards in our tests – classification seems not to correlate well with random read/write performance. Samsung’s unusual focus on random-access performance on their SD memory means that this card performs very fast and very reliably: we think you’ll be pleasantly surprised!
The Samsung 8GB NOOBS Pre-Loaded Micro SD Card & Adaptor Features:
- Superior Random-Access Performance – Perfect for the Raspberry Pi
- Safe from X-rays and magnetic fields
- Reliable shock-proof technology
- Water and dust proof, thanks to EMC coating
- Tested and proven to last up to 24 hours in sea water
- Capacity : 8GB
- Weight : Approx 0.2g
- Operating Voltage : 2.7 ~ 3.6V
- Speed Class 6