Product information: A8-6600K 3.90GHz (Socket FM2) APU Richland Quad Core Processor (AD660KWOHLBOX)The AMD A8-6600K Black Edition in some ways is all the CPU you will ever need. With 4 cores and a stock speed of 3.90GHz, which automatically turbo's upto 4.20GHz when required, this CPU can handle anything you throw at it. Even more impressive is the overclocking ability of these processors with some reaching near and over 5GHz on air cooling.
The main and best feature of the A8-6600k is the onboard IGP, the HD 8570D which is equivalent in gaming performance to a HD 6670 and can actually play any game including the latest titles with moderate quality settings. In our own testing Borderlands 2 at 1680x1050 with all details on medium/maximum was more than playable, with smooth frame rates. However it is very important with the FM2 platform to use high speed memory as the onboard IGP gets a serious performance boost with faster memory upto 2400MHz.
For those who require more graphics performance, adding a HD 6670 / HD 7750 to the mix will enable Hybrid Crossfire giving upto approx 80% additional performance in modern gaming titles, making this new platform viable for entry level gaming machines that can play the latest gaming titles.
- Blazing fast computing from 256 AMD Radeon™ cores 2.0 featuring DirectX® 11 capable graphics.
- Immerse yourself in the awe of AMD HD3D gaming.
- Unlock all the control and performance of the 2nd generation AMD A-Series Processor when you select the overclockable Black Edition.
- Eyeinfinity Support (Upto 3 monitors)
- World class APU designed for amazing graphics, gaming and compute performance.
- Up to 779 GFLOPS of compute performance
- Up to 10% performance increase in 3D Graphics over AMD Trinity
- 4 cores (Quad Core technology)
- 3.90GHz Stock speed
- 4.20GHz Turbo speed
- 4MB Cache
- Multiplier Unlocked (Great for overclocking)
- 100W TDP
- Onboard IGP: HD 8570D, 844MHz Core speed, 256 Stream Processors
- Hybrid Crossfire Capable with HD 6670 / HD 7750
- 3yr Warranty