+44 (0)1782 44 44 55
GeForce GTX 970 DirectCU Mini 4096MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics CardVirtual Reality is upon us with the likes of Oculus Rift already available and HTC Vive coming very soon. Valve have released a SteamVR benchmark which will test your system for VR Readiness, we advice customers to run this benchmark as the minimum specification to be VR Ready is a GTX 970 from camp NVIDIA. VR is a game changer for games such as Elite Dangerous, Portal 3, Flight simulator, Project cars and who knows the elusive Half Life 3 may make an appearance from Valve as being VR optimised, lets keep our fingers crossed.
Small form factor PCs based on mini ITX motherboards are a popular choice for gamers and home users. Their compact cases are much easier to transport to LAN parties than a standard desktop PC, and stylish designs with comparatively low power requirements make them a natural choice for home theater PCs. The ASUS GeForce® GTX 970 DirectCU Mini is designed to maximize the potential offered by mini ITX motherboards by delivering high performance graphics. It uses an innovative DirectCU thermal design that combines a heat-spreading vapor chamber and the CoolTech Fan, which uses wide-angle airflow and venting to cool critical graphics card components.
Award-winning DirectCU now includes custom vapor chamber technology and the new and advanced 360-degree CoolTech axial fan. Even in DirectCU Mini form, the proprietary design delivers up to 20% cooler temps and vastly quieter performance than reference.
Exclusively-formulated alloy components boost performance by reducing power loss, enhancing durability, and achieving cooler operation. Choke concrete cores eliminate buzzing sound under full load while capacitors assure a 50,000-hour lifespan: equivalent to 2.5 times longer than traditional capacitors.
Get VR Ready with GeForce® GTX.
GeForce® GTX graphics cards provide a powerful next-generation platform for the ultimate immersive virtual reality experience. Immersive VR requires seven times the graphics processing power of traditional 3D apps and games. NVIDIA's unique set of features-such as multi-res shading-mean you get the right level of performance, image quality, and latency to ensure your VR experience is nothing short of amazing.
- 1228 MHz engine clock for better performance and outstanding gaming experience
- DirectCU Mini with vapor chamber offers 20% cooler and Vastly quieter performance
- DirectCU Mini measures just 17cm in length –making it the perfect choice for compact gaming PCs
- Premium alloys in power delivery components defeat heat for cards that run 15% faster and last 2.5 times longer than reference
- GPU Tweak helps you modify clock speeds, voltages, fan performance and more, all via an intuitive interface
- GPU Tweak Streaming share on-screen action in real time – so others can watch live as games are played
- VR Ready
- GeForce GTX 970
- GPU: GeForce GTX 970 (GM204)
- Core Base Clock: 1088MHz
- Core Boost Clock: 1228MHz
- Memory Clock: 7010MHz
- Memory Size: 4096MB GDDR5
- Bus Type: PCI Express 3.0
- Memory Bus: 256-bit
- CUDA Cores: 1664
- DirectX 12: Yes
- DVI Port: 2x Dual-Link DVI, 1x DisplayPort & 1x HDMI
- DisplayPort: Yes
- HDCP: Yes
- HDMI: Yes
- VR Ready
- Power: 1x 8-Pin
- 450W PSU Required
- 225W TDP
- Dimensions: 6.7 " x 4.8 " x 1.6 " Inch / 17 x 12.19 x4.07 Centimeter
- Warranty: 3yr
More links for "GeForce GTX 970 DirectCU Mini 4096MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card"
Awards & Media Coverage
"The slowest average we recorded at 1080p was 64fps in Metro: Last Light Redux set to ‘High Quality’. Grid AutoSport managed a whopping 108fps average at ‘Ultra’ setting. The key thing to remember here is that while consoles try to achieve synchronisation with your TV at 60fps in games, it is only possible by dropping the image quality right down."Award