+44 (0)1782 44 44 55
GeForce RTX 2080 Dual OC 8192MB GDDR6 PCI-Express Graphics Card
The ASUS GeForce RTX 2080 Dual O8G represents the cutting edge of graphics card technology. The TU104 GPU of the RTX 2080 is built on the Turing architecture, utilises the new 12 nm FinFET manufacturing process in addition to GDDR6-VRAM to make for a significant leap forward in terms of speed when compared to the 10- series. The reason behind the name change to "GeForce RTX" lies in the deployment of Ray-Tracing Technology, this unlocks incredibly realistic lighting and shadow effects.
The Features of the ASUS GeForce RTX 2080 Dual O8G at a Glance
- Dual-fan cooler design
- High GPU base clock: 1515 MHz
- Massive GPU Boost Clock: 1830 MHz
- New generation of VRAM: 8 GB GDDR5X
- Ultra-fast memory: 7000 MHz (14000 MHz effective)
- Memory bus bandwidth: 256 Bit
- High memory throughput: 448 GB/s
- Pure computational power: 2944 CUDA Cores (Shaders)
- Low TDP: 285 Watt
- Additional PCIe power connector: 1x 8 Pin & 1x 6 Pin
- Display output: 3x DP 1.4, 1x HDMI 2.0b, 1x USB 3.1 Type C (VirtualLink)
The Cooler Design & Clock Frequencies of the ASUS GeForce RTX 2080 Dual O8G
The ASUS GeForce RTX 2080 Dual O8G has a Base Clock of 1515 MHz. When under heavy load, the clock frequencies of the graphics chip increase automatically up to a 1830 MHz Boost Clock. The innovative GDDR6-VRAM operates at 7000 MHz (14000 MHz effective) while the 8 GB of memory makes gaming at 4K resolutions or immersing yourself in Virtual Reality a treat for the senses.
The cooler design of this ASUS card has also been refined: the base of the heat sink has be further optimised, resulting in twice the total contact surface area. Furthermore the Dual O8G includes new fans that have been manufactured in accordance with the new IP5X dust resistance rating, thereby ensuring the fans spin at the correct speeds and push the optimum amount of air. The aluminium backplate encompasses the whole underside of the graphics card and also strengthens the board while providing the board and its sensitive circuitry with welcome additional protection.
- Dimensions: 240 x 40 x 129 mm (W x H x T)
Slot height: 2-Slot
- GPU: GeForce GTX 2080
Manufacturing process: 12 nm
GPU frequency: 1515 MHz
Boost Clock: 1830 MHz
Shader Units (CUDA Cores): 2944
- Memory: 8192 MB
Memory frequency: 7000 (14000) MHz
Memory bus bandwidth: 256 Bit
Memory throughput: 448 GB/s
- Slot type: PCIe x16 (PCIe/PCIe 2.x/PCIe 3.0)
3x DisplayPort 1.4
1x HDMI 2.0b
1x USB Type C
- Power supply: 1x 8-Pin PCIe & 1x 6-Pin PCIe
Recommended PSU performance: min. 650 Watt
- Features: DirectX 12, OpenGL 4.5, Vulkan API, VR Ready, SLI Ready, NVIDIA Ansel, G-Sync HDR, NVIDIA GPU Boost 3.0, HDCP 2.2, NVIDIA Surround, 3D Vision, Tessellation, PhysX, CUDA, NVENC, Adaptive Vertical Sync, VXGI, Super Resolution, 4K Ultra HD Support, SMP, NVIDIA ShadowPlay, Real-Time Ray Tracing, ASUS Aura Sync
NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX
NVIDIA GeForce RTX opens up a whole new world of possibilities. Powered by the NVIDIA Turing architecture and offering next level artificial intelligence, real-time ray tracing and programmable shading - The RTX series offers unparalleled immersion and up to 6x faster performance.
More links for "GeForce RTX 2080 Dual OC 8192MB GDDR6 PCI-Express Graphics Card"
This article is used in:
OcUK Recommends, GeForce GTX VR Ready