Product information: Maximus IV Extreme Intel P67 (Socket 1155) DDR3 Motherboard - (Sandybridge)The ultimate overclockers dream. The Asus Maximus IV Extreme features all the technological enhancements to climb to the top of the overclocking pile. Welcome to the republic of gamers.
This motherboard supports the latest Intel® Core™ i3/Core™ i5/Core™ i7 2nd generation processors in the LGA1155 package, with memory and PCI Express controllers integrated to support 2-channel (4 DIMM) DDR3 memory and 16 PCI Express 2.0 lanes. This provides great graphics performance. Intel® Core™ i3/Core™ i5/Core™ i7 2nd generation processors are among the most powerful and energy efficient CPUs in the world. The Intel® P67 Express is the latest single-chipset design to support new socket 1155 Intel® Core™ i3/Core™ i5/Core™ i7 2nd generation processors. It provides improved performance by utilizing serial point-to-point links, allowing increased bandwidth and stability. Additionally, the P67 provides 2 SATA 6Gb/s and 4 SATA 3Gb/s ports for faster data retrieval at double the bandwidth of current bus systems.
SLI or CrossFireX? Fret no longer because with the ROG Maximus IV Extreme, you´ll be able to run both multi-GPU setups. The board features SLI/CrossFireX on Demand technology, supporting SLI or CrossFireX configuration. Whichever path you take, you can be assured of jaw-dropping graphics at a level previously unseen. ROG CPU-Z is a customized ROG version authorized by CPUID. It has the same functionality and credibility as the original version, with a unique design. Use the whole new look of ROG CPU-Z to truly report your CPU related information and your uniqueness.
The LAN solution from Intel has been long known to have a better throughput, lower CPU utilization as well as better stability. With the dual Intel Gigabit LAN solutions onboard, the ultimate network experience can therefore be delivered to its users like never before.
- Intel P67 Chipset: Socket 1155 Support for K edition Unlocked CPUs
- SLI and Crossfire support
- SATA 6GB/s and USB 3.0
- E-ATX Form Factor
- 3 Year Warranty
- Potential Sandybridge issue:
- In some cases, motherboards featuring the 6 Series Chipset (P67 & H67) that have Sata devices connected to ports 2-5 could potentially degrade over time.
- Motherboards with devices connected to Ports 0 & 1 remain unaffected or using the 6Gb/s ports.
- Please note if your board is affected by the above issues, your statutory rights remain to RMA the board.
- Tests have found that under 5% of boards are affected.
- PLEASE NOTE THERE IS NO POTENTIAL ISSUE TO SANDYBRIDGE PROCESSORS