Product information: PCE-N53 300Mbps Dual-Band Wireless-N600 PCI-E AdapterThe ASUS PCE-N53 Wireless-N PCI Express Adapter provides superior Wi-Fi performance for server backbone and switching infrastructure applications, as well as mainstream desktops and notebooks. Using the convenience of a standard PCI Express connector, it delivers wide compatibility, fitting any x1, x2, x8, or x16 slot. Compared with standard PCI network cards, it offers increased bandwidth, reliability and functionality, allowing you to enjoy faster and more stable connections. Downloading, VoIP, video streaming, and online gaming all benefit from its high-speed design and powerful antenna, which ensure long range wireless coverage. The friendly user interface further allows you to install and use the device as well as network applications quickly and easily.
The dual-band operating mode can satisfy both normal and power user: with 2.4GHz, web surfing or e-mail delivery will be brisk, and when HD streaming or blu-ray movie are needed, the 5GHz band provides a blazingly fast lag-free home entertainment.
Supports 64/128-bit WEP, WPA2-PSK, WPA-PSK, WPS security.
Software AP Mode
Software AP mode allows the WLAN card to act as a virtual access point. The computer needs to be connected to a wired network using an Ethernet connection in order to provide network access to WLAN client.
WPS (Wi-Fi Protected Setup)
For quickly setting up a secure wireless connection, install the utility from the Support CD, then press the hardware WPS button on the PCE-N53 and click "next". Press the hardware WPS button on the router you would like to connect to, and that's it! After the utility finishes the setup procedure, the wireless connection is done!
• Flexible Dual-band connection for lag-free streaming and high performance networking.
• Physical WPS (Wi-Fi Protected Setup) button quickly sets up a secure wireless connection.
• Software AP mode allows the WLAN card to act as a virtual access point, and connects your notebook, or other game consoles to the Internet.
• Support WEP, WPA, and WPA2 encryption methods for enhanced security.
* Comes with a Low Profile bracket included in the box