+44 (0)1782 44 44 55
Prime Z370-A Intel Z370 (Socket 1151) DDR4 ATX Motherboard
The ASUS PRIME Z370-A has an impressive sleek design and excellent build quality. It uses the Z370 chipset and supports Intel's 8th generation Coffee Lake processors. The Z370 chipset architecture lets the ASUS PRIME Z370-A automatically overclock compatible K-series CPUs.
The Features of the ASUS PRIME Z370-A at a Glance:
- 3× PCIe (3.0) x16 (x16/x8/x4) & 4× PCIe x1
- 2× USB 3.1 / 6× USB 3.0 / 6× USB 2.0
- 2× M.2 (PCIe 3.0 x4) / 6× SATA 6G
- Supports max. 64 GB DDR4-RAM up to 4.000 MHz (OC)
- Integrated LED lighting with ASUS Aura Support
- Convenient CPU overclocking via multiplier
The ASUS PRIME Z370-A in detail:
The ASUS PRIME Z370-A uses the cutting edge Z370 chipset so it is compatible with Intel's 8000-series Core processors (Coffee Lake). This architecture enables compatible K-series CPUs to be automatically overclocked.
The ASUS PRIME Z370-A has numerous technical innovations, enhancements and an array of storage solutions. There are three PCIe x16 slots as well as four further PCIe x1 slots. It has two M.2 slots capable of running ultra fast NVMe-M.2 SSDs, resulting in a data transfer rate of nearly 4 GB/s. This makes M.2 PCIe SSDs up to eight times faster than SATA 6G SSDs. There are also six SATA 6G connectors for 3,5"- or 2,5" hard drives and -SSDs (incl. RAID support). Up to 64 GB of RAM can be added across four DIMM slots-->.
The board offers excellent options for connecting external peripherals. The motherboard comes with an I/O panel boasting an array of the very latest and greatest connectivity standards including USB 3.1 type A and C connectors, six USB 3.0 and six USB 2.0 ports. It even supports Thunderbolt.
The motherboard also includes Asus's Aura sync system. This allows for a high degree of control over any compatible LED RGB lighting accessories connected to the board. It supports such effects as static, strobing and breathing.
Network connections can be made via two Gigabit LAN ports and wi-fi connections by two wireless antenna connectors.
Video is displayed via an HDMI or DisplayPort 1.2 while a Realtek ALC1220 connection allows for excellent sound output in either 7.1 surround sound or DTS Connect.
|CPU|| LGA1151 socket for 8th Gen Intel® Core™ Processor
Supports 14nm CPU
Supports Intel® Turbo Boost Technology 2.0*
* The Intel® Turbo Boost Technology 2.0 support depends on the CPU types.
|Chipset||Intel® Z370 Chipset|
|Memory|| 4 x DIMM, max. 64GB, DDR4 4000(O.C)*/3866(O.C.)*/ 3733(O.C.)*/3600(O.C.)*/3466(O.C.)*/3400(O.C.)*/3333(O.C.)*/3300(O.C.)*/3200(O.C.)*/3000(O.C.)*/2800(O.C.)*/2666/2400/2133 MHz, non-ECC, un-buffered memory
Dual channel memory architecture
Supports Intel® Extreme Memory Profile (XMP)
* Hyper DIMM support is subject to the physical characteristics of individual CPUs. Please refer to Memory QVL(Qualified Vendors List) for details.
|Onboard Graphics Outputs|| Integrated Graphics Processor- Intel® HD Graphics support
Multi-VGA output support: DisplayPort/HDMI/DVI-D ports
Supports DisplayPort 1.2* with max. resolution 4096 x 2304@60Hz
Supports HDMI 1.4b with max. resolution 4096 x 2160@24Hz / 2560 x 1600@60Hz
Supports DVI-D with max. resolution 1920 x 1200@60Hz
Supports Intel® InTru™ 3D/Quick Sync Video/Clear Video HD Technology/Insider™
Supports up to 3 displays simultaneously
Maximum shared memory of 1024MB
* DP 1.2 Multi-Stream Transport compliant, supports DP 1.2 monitor daisy chain up to 3 displays
|Multi-GPU Support|| Supports NVIDIA® 2-Way/Quad-GPU SLI™ Technology (with 2 PCIex16 graphics card)
Supports AMD® 3-Way/Quad-GPU CrossFireX™ Technology
|PCI Slots|| 2 x PCIe 3.0/2.0 x16 slots (supports x16, x8/x8, x8/x4+x4*, x8+x4+x4/x0**)
1 x PCI Express 3.0/2.0 x16 slot (max. at x4 mode, compatible with PCIe x1, x2 and x4 devices)
4 x PCI Express 3.0/2.0 x1 slots
* For 2 Intel® SSD on CPU support, install a Hyper M.2 X16 card (sold separately) into the PCIeX16_2 slot, enable this card under BIOS settings.
** For 3 Intel® SSD on CPU support, install a Hyper M.2 X16 card (sold separately) into the PCIeX16_1 slot, enable this card under BIOS settings.
|Storage|| Intel® Z370 Chipset with RAID 0, 1, 5, 10 and Intel Rapid Storage Technology support*
- 1 x M.2 Socket 3 with M Key, type 2242/2260/2280 storage devices support (both SATA & PCIE mode)**
- 1 x M.2 Socket 3 with M Key, type 2242/2260/2280 storage devices support (PCIE mode only)***
- 6 x SATA 6.0 Gb/s ports (gray)
- Ready for Intel® Optane Memory
* Supports PCIE RAID configurations via onboard M.2 storages.
** The M.2_1 socket shares SATA_1 port when use M.2 SATA mode device. Adjust BIOS settings to use a SATA device.
*** The M.2_2 socket shares SATA_56 ports when use M.2 PCIE mode device in X4 mode. Adjust BIOS settings to use M.2 PCIE devices in X4 mode.
|USB|| Intel® Z370 Chipset
- 6 x USB 3.1 Gen 1 ports (4 ports @mid-board, 2 ports @back panel, blue)
- 6 x USB 2.0/1.1 ports (4 ports @mid-board, 2 ports @back panel)
Asmedia® USB 3.1 Gen 2 controller
- 1 x USB 3.1 Gen 2 port @back panel (teal blue, Type-A)
- 1 x USB 3.1 Gen 2 port @back panel (USB Type C™)
|Audio|| Realtek® S1220A 8-channel high definition audio CODEC featuring Crystal Sound 3
- Power pre-regulator reduces power input noise to ensure consistent performance
- Separate layer for left and right track, ensuring both sound deliver equal quality
- Impedance sense for front and rear headphone outputs
- Audio shielding ensures precise analog/digital separation and greatly reduced multi-lateral interference
- EMI protection cover to prevent electrical noise to affect the amplifier quality
- Internal audio Amplifier to enhance the highest quality sound for headphone and speakers
- Unique de-pop circuit to reduce start-up popping noise to audio outputs
- Premium Japan-made audio capacitors provides warm, natural, and immersive sound with exceptional clarity and fidelity
- High quality 120dB SNR stereo playback output (Line-out@back) & 113dB SNR input (Line-in) support
- Supports up to 32-Bit/192kHz playback*
- DTS® Headphone:X™
- DTS® Connect
- Supports jack-detection, multi-streaming, front panel jack-retasking (MIC)
- Optical S/PDIF out port at back I/O
* Due to limitations in HDA bandwidth, 32-Bit/192kHz is not supported for 8-Channel audio. 32-Bit/192kHz is only available under Windows® 10.
|LAN|| Intel® I219-V Gigabit LAN- Dual interconnect between the integrated Media Access Controller (MAC) and physical layer (PHY)
ASUS LAN Guard
ASUS Turbo LAN Utility
|Form Factor||ATX Form Factor, 12"x 9.6" (30.5cm x 24.4cm)|
|Warranty||Three Year Manufacturer Warranty|
More links for "Prime Z370-A Intel Z370 (Socket 1151) DDR4 ATX Motherboard"
This article is used in: