+44 (0)1782 44 44 55
ROG Maximus X Hero Intel Z370 (Socket 1151) DDR4 ATX Motherboard
The ASUS Maximus X HERO uses Z370 chipset and supports Intel's 8th generation Coffee Lake processors. The Z370 chipset architecture lets the ASUS Maximus X HERO automatically overclock compatible K-series CPUs.
The motherboard can truly be at the heart of a graphically dynamic system with support for NVIDIA's SLI and AMD's CrossFireX technology which enables you to install and link multiple graphics cards to enhance performance.
The Features of the ASUS Maximus X HERO at a Glance:
- 3× PCIe (3.0) x16 (x16/x8/x4) & 3× PCIe x1
- 3× USB 3.1 / 6× USB 3.0 / 6× USB 2.0
- 2× M.2 (PCIe 3.0 x4) / 6× SATA 6G
- Supports max. 64 GB DDR4-RAM at 4.133 MHz (OC)
- Integrated LED lighting with ASUS Aura support
- Convenient CPU overclocking via multiplier
The ASUS Maximus X HERO in detail:
The ASUS Maximus X HERO has an ATX form factor and uses the cutting edge Z370 chipset so it is compatible with Intel's 8000-series Core processors (Coffee Lake). This architecture enables compatible K-series CPUs to be automatically overclocked.
Since the board is compliant with NVIDIA's SLI- and AMD's CrossFireX technologies, graphic performance can be further enhanced by linking multiple GPUs.
The ASUS Maximus X HERO has numerous technical innovations, enhancements and an array of storage solutions. There are three PCIe x16 slots, one of which uses a full 16 lanes to connect to the chipset, as well as three further PCIe x1 slots. It has dual M.2 slots capable of running ultra fast NVMe-M.2 SSDs, resulting in a data transfer rate of nearly 4 GB/s. This makes M.2 PCIe SSDs up to eight times faster than SATA 6G SSDs. There are also six SATA 6G connectors for 3,5"- or 2,5" hard drives and -SSDs (incl. RAID support). Up to 64 GB of RAM can be added across four DIMM slots.
This ASUS Maximus X HERO also takes advantage of Intel's advance Optane Memory system, which improves communication between system RAM and the CPU, leading to overall faster performance.
The motherboard offers excellent options for connecting external peripherals. The motherboard comes with an I/O panel boasting an array of the very latest and greatest connectivity standards including both a type A and C USA 3.1 ports as well as six USB 3.0 and six USB 2.0 ports.
Network connections can be made Intel’s I219-V ethernet technology.
Video is displayed via an HDMI or DisplayPort 1.2 while the board offers support for sonic studio 3 for audio output. This means headsets can output a virtual surround sound effect, perfect for VR immersion
The ASUS Maximus X HERO includes support for Asus's own Aura lighting standard. This enables users to coordinate RGB lighting components to achieve effects such as static, breathing and strobing.
|CPU|| Intel® LGA1151 socket for 8th Gen Intel® Core™ Processors
Supports 14nm CPU
Supports Intel® Turbo Boost Technology 2.0*
*Intel® Turbo Boost Technology 2.0 support depends on the CPU types
|Chipset||Intel® Z370 Chipset|
|Memory|| 4 x DIMM, Max. 64GB DDR4
MHz, non-ECC, un-buffered memory
Dual Channel Memory Architecture
Supports Intel® Extreme Memory Profile (XMP)
* Hyper DIMM support is subject to the physical characteristics of individual CPUs. Please refer to Memory QVL(Qualified Vendors List) for details.
|Onboard Graphics Outputs|| Integrated Graphics Processor- Intel® HD Graphics support
Multi-VGA output support : HDMI/DisplayPort
- Supports DisplayPort 1.2 with max. resolution 4096 x 2304 @ 60Hz
- Supports HDMI 1.4b with max. resolution 4096 x 2160 @ 24Hz
Maximum shared memory of 1024MB
|Multi-GPU Support|| Supports NVIDIA® 2-Way/Quad-GPU SLI™ Technology
Supports AMD® 3-Way/Quad-GPU CrossFireX™ Technology
|PCI Slots|| New 8th Gen Intel® Core™ Processors
2 x PCIe 3.0 x16 slots (supports x16, x8/x8)
Intel® Z370 Chipset
1 x PCIe 3.0 x16 slot (max. at x4 mode)*
3 x PCIe 3.0 x1 slots
* The PCIe x4_3 slot shares bandwidth with PCIex1_3. The PCIe x4_3 runs x2 mode by default.
|Storage|| Intel® Z370 Chipset with RAID 0, 1, 5, 10, and Intel Rapid Storage Technology support
- 1 x M.2_1 Socket 3 with M Key, type 2242/2260/2280 (supports PCIE 3.0 x4 and SATA modes)*
- 1 x M.2_2 Socket 3 with M Key, type 2242/2260/2280 (supports PCIE 3.0 x4 mode)**
- 6 x SATA 6Gb/s ports
- Supports Intel® Smart Response Technology ***
- Ready for Intel® Optane Memory
* When the M.2_1 Socket 3 is operating in SATA mode, SATA port 1 will be disabled.
** When the M.2_2 Socket 3 is operating in PCIEX4 mode, SATA port 5. 6 will be disabled.
***This function will work depending on the CPU installed.
|USB|| Intel® Z370 Chipset
- 6 x USB 3.1 Gen 1 ports ( 4 ports at back panel [blue], 2 ports at mid-board)
- 6 x USB 2.0 ports (2 ports at back panel [black], 4 ports at mid-board)
ASMedia® USB 3.1 controller
- 1 x USB 3.1 Geb 2 front panel connector
- 2 x USB 3.1 Gen 2 ports (1 Type-A [red] and 1 Type-C [black] at back panel)
|Audio|| ROG SupremeFX S1220 8-Channel High Definition Audio CODEC
- Supports up to 32-Bit/192kHz playback*
- Impedance sense for front and rear headphone outputs
- ES9023P High Definition DAC
- SupremeFX Shielding Technology
- Jack-detection, Multi-streaming, and Front Panel Jack-retasking
- Optical S/PDIF out port at back panel
- High quality 120 dB SNR stereo playback output and 113 dB SNR recording input
- Dual Headpone Amplifiers
- Sonic Studio III
- Sonic Radar III
*Due to limitations in HDA bandwidth, 32-Bit/192kHz is not supported for 8-Channel audio.
|LAN|| Intel® I219-V Gigabit LAN- Dual interconnect between the integrated Media Access Controller (MAC) and physical layer (PHY)
ROG GameFirst IV
|Form Factor||ATX Form Factor, 12"x 9.6" (30.5cm x 24.4cm)|
|Warranty||Three Year Manufacturer Warranty|
More links for "ROG Maximus X Hero Intel Z370 (Socket 1151) DDR4 ATX Motherboard"
This article is used in: