+44 (0)1782 44 44 55
ROG Strix Z370-E Intel Z370 (Socket 1151) DDR4 ATX Motherboardp>The ROG Strix Z370-E Gaming motherboard has a notable angular, almost blade-like look. It uses Z370 chipset and supports Intel's 8th generation Coffee Lake processors. The Z370 architecture lets the ROG Strix Z370-E Gaming automatically overclock compatible K-series CPUs.
The Features of the ROG Strix Z370-E Gaming at a Glance:
- 3× PCIe (3.0) x16 (x16/x8/x4) & 4× PCIe x1
- 3× USB 3.1 / 6× USB 3.0 / 6× USB 2.0
- 2× M.2 (PCIe 3.0 x4) / 6× SATA 6G
- Supports max. 64 GB DDR4-RAM up to 4.000 MHz (OC)
- Integrated LED lighting with ASUS Aura Support
- Convenient CPU overclocking via multiplier
The ROG Strix Z370-E Gaming in detail:
The ROG Strix Z370-E Gaming has an ATX form factor and uses the cutting edge Z370 chipset so it is compatible with Intel's 8000-series Core processors (Coffee Lake). This architecture enables compatible K-series CPUs to be automatically overclocked.
The ROG Strix Z370-E Gaming motherboard has numerous technical innovations, enhancements and an array of storage solutions. There are two PCIe x16 slots, one of which uses a full 16 lanes to connect to the chipset, as well as four further PCIe x1 slots. It has dual M.2 slots capable of running ultra fast NVMe-M.2 SSDs, resulting in a data transfer rate of nearly 4 GB/s. Asus have also included a dedicated heatsink for the M.2 slots, which maintains steady temperatures for the components. There are also six SATA 6G connectors for 3,5"- or 2,5" hard drives and -SSDs (incl. RAID support). Up to 64GB of RAM can be added across four DIMM slots.
This board also takes advantage of Intel's advance Optane Memory system, which improves communication between system RAM and the CPU, leading to overall faster perforamance.
The board offers excellent options for connecting external peripherals and comes with an I/O panel boasting an array of the very latest and greatest connectivity standards including both type A and C USB 3.1, six USB 3.0, six USB 2.0 ports.
Network connections can be made via two Gigabit LAN ports and wi-fi connections by two wireless antennae connectors.
Video is displayed via an HDMI or DisplayPort 1.2 while a Realtek ALC1220 connection allows for excellent sound output in either 7.1 surround sound or DTS Connect.
|CPU|| Intel® Socket 1151 for 8th Generation Core™ Processors
Supports 14nm CPU
Supports Intel® Turbo Boost Technology 2.0*
* The support of these features depends on the CPU types.
** Refer to www.asus.com for Intel® CPU support list.
|Chipset||Intel® Z370 Chipset|
|Memory|| 4 x DIMM, max. 64GB DDR4 4000(OC)*/3866(OC)*/3733(OC)*/3600(OC)*/3466(OC)*/3400(OC)*/3333(OC)*/3300(OC)*/3200(OC)*/3000(OC)*/2800(OC)*/2666/2400/2133 MHz
non-ECC, un-buffered memory
Dual channel memory architecture
Supports Intel® Extreme Memory Profile (XMP)*
* Hyper DIMM support is subject to the physical characteristics of individual CPUs. Please refer to Memory QVL(Qualified Vendors List) for details.
|Onboard Graphics Outputs|| Integrated Graphics Processor- Intel® HD Graphics support
Multi-VGA output support: DisplayPort/HDMI/DVI-D ports
Supports DisplayPort 1.2* with max. resolution 4096 x 2304@60Hz
Supports HDMI 1.4b with max. resolution 4096 x 2160@24Hz
Supports DVI-D with max. resolution 1920 x 1200@60Hz
Supports Intel® InTru™ 3D/Quick Sync Video/Clear Video HD Technology/Insider™
Supports up to 3 displays simultaneously
Maximum shared memory of 1024MB
* DP 1.2 Multi-Stream Transport compliant, supports DP 1.2 monitor daisy chain up to 3 displays
|Multi-GPU Support|| Supports NVIDIA® 2-Way SLI™ Technology
Supports AMD® 3-Way CrossFireX™ Technology
|PCI Slots|| 2 x PCIe 3.0/2.0 x16 slots (supports x16, x8/x8, x8/x4+x4*, x8+x4+x4/x0**)
1 x PCIe 3.0/2.0 x16 slot (max. at x4 mode)
4 x PCIe 3.0/2.0 x1 slot
* For 2 Intel® SSD on CPU support, install a Hyper M.2 X16 card (sold separately) into the PCIeX8_2 slot, enable this card under BIOS settings.
** For 3 Intel® SSD on CPU support, install a Hyper M.2 X16 card (sold separately) into the PCIeX16/x8_1 slot, enable this card under BIOS settings.
|Storage|| Intel® Z370 Chipset with RAID 0, 1, 5, 10 and Intel Rapid Storage Technology support
- 6 x SATA 6Gb/s ports
- 1 x M.2_1 Socket 3 with M key, type 2242/2260/2280 storage devices support (both SATA & PCIE 3.0 x 4 modes)*
- 1 x M.2_2 Socket 3 with M key, type 2242/2260/2280 storage devices support (PCIE 3.0 x 4 mode)** - Ready for Intel® Optane Memory***
* The M.2_1 socket shares SATA_1 port when use M.2 SATA mode device. Adjust BIOS settings to use a SATA device.
** The M.2_2 socket shares SATA_56 ports when use M.2 PCIE mode device in X4 mode. Adjust BIOS settings to use SATA devices.
*** Intel® Optane Technology only supported when using 8th Generation Intel® Processors. Before using Intel® Optane memory modules, ensure that you have updated your motherboard drivers and BIOS to the latest version from ASUS support website.
**** These functions will work depending on the CPU installed.
|USB|| Intel® Z370 Chipset-
- 6 x USB 3.1 Gen1 ports ( 2 ports at back panel [blue], 4 ports at mid-board)
- 6 x USB 2.0 ports ( 2 ports at back panel, 4 ports at mid-board)
ASMedia® USB 3.1 Gen controllers*
- 1 x USB 3.1 Gen2 front panel connector**
- 2 x USB 3.1 Gen2 ports (1 x Type-A [red] and 1 x Type-C ports at back panel)
* Supports 3A power output
** The USB 3.1 Gen2 front panel connector shares bandwidth with PCIE_x1_2 and PCIE_x1_4. If the USB 3.1 Gen2 front header is connected, PCIE_x1_2 and PCIE_x1_4 will be disabled.
|Audio|| ROG SupremeFX S1220A 8-Channel High Definition Audio CODEC
- Supports up to 32-Bit/192kHz playback*
- Impedance sense for front and rear headphone outputs
- High quality 120dB SNR stereo playback output and 113dB SNR recording input
- SupremeFX Shielding Technology
- Dual Headphone Amplifiers
- Jack-detection, Multi-streaming, and Front Panel Jack-retasking
- Optical S/PDIF out port at back panel
- Sonic Radar III
- Sonic Studio III + Sonic Studio Link
*Due to limitations in HDA bandwidth, 32-Bit/192kHz is not supported for 8-Channel audio
|LAN|| Intel® I219-V Gigabit LAN- Dual interconnect between the integrated Media Access Controller (MAC) and physical layer (PHY)
ROG GameFirst technology
|WIFI/Bluetooth||Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac supports dual frequency band 2.4/5 GHz with MU-MIMO support Bluetooth v4.2, 4.0LE, 3.0+HS|
|Form Factor||ATX Form Factor, 12"x 9.6" (30.5cm x 24.4cm)|
|Warranty||Three Year Manufacturer Warranty|
More links for "ROG Strix Z370-E Intel Z370 (Socket 1151) DDR4 ATX Motherboard"
This article is used in: