Product information: AS7012RD 12 Bay 2U Rackmount NAS with Rail KitsThe AS7012RD / AS7012RDX is a high performance network storage solution that effectively simplifies data management, is optimized for virtual environments and offers bulletproof protection for critical digital assets.
- Complete iSCSI and NFS support. VMware, Citrix and Hyper-V ready.
- Windows ACL support combined with Windows AD infrastructure enhances management efficiency for business applications
- Support for RAID 0, 1, 5, 6, 10 and hard drive hot swapping
- 10GbE Ethernet card and memory expansion slots allow for further expansion as the need arises
- New disk tray locks ensure that hard disks will not be accidentally ejected during operation
- SMB 2/3 support increases Windows networking performance by 30%-50%
Advanced File Permissions Management - Windows ACL
For IT professionals, file permissions configuration is a very important topic, especially in enterprise environments. Because the native Linux system file permission mechanisms are different than those in Windows, in the past, IT professionals had to create a separate set of permissions for files stored on NAS servers. This also limited the number of permission configuration options that were available to them.
In order to help IT professionals simply their work, ASUSTOR has comprehensively integrated Windows ACL into ADM. Windows ACL provides a set of 13 different permissions settings, allowing administrators to configure permissions for individual files and folders that can be applied to different groups and users. Windows ACL permissions can be configured from within ADM's File Explorer or Microsoft Windows Explorer allowing administrators to easily manage permissions using familiar methods.
Meeting the Expansion Needs of Tomorrow, Today
The scale of a business's Internet usage will shift in the wake of its expansion and development. A server that is providing stable service to 100 people today may not be able to handle the needs of tomorrow when the number of employees or applications expands, forcing the business to purchase additional equipment.
ASUSTOR's 70 Series devices help businesses meet the expansion needs of tomorrow, today. All devices in the series come equipped with 10GbE network card expansion slots12. Should a business decide to upgrade to an ultra-high-speed backbone network, the 70 Series devices will be able to seamlessly take advantage of this without being limited by the built-in gigabit Ethernet ports.
Furthermore, when more and more people start to access the NAS or when the number of installed applications increases, the amount of installed memory will be one of the limiting factors affecting the overall performance of the NAS. The AS7012RD and AS7012RDX both come with 2GB of built-in memory which can further be expanded to a maximum of 16GB2. Equipped with such flexible expansion features, ASUSTOR's 70Series NAS devices are the optimal choice for any growing business.
1. The AS7004T does not include a 10GbE network card expansion slot.
2. For a full list of compatible 10GbE network cards and memory, please visit: http://shop.asustor.com/
A Surge in Data Transfer Performance
ADM 2.3 supports SMB 2.0 which reduces the burden of network traffic on the NAS while simultaneously providing greater data transfer capacity.In the ASUSTOR testing environment, SMB 2.0 was found to increase Windows networking performance by 30%-50%*. SMB 2.0 also significantly increases the number of concurrent Windows client connections and simultaneously open files, making ADM 2.3 even more suitable for large-scale Microsoft network environments.
Optimized Cooling Design
When there is a high load on the NAS, the CPU will begin to heat up, affecting the stability of the system. A common way of dealing with this is to lower the CPU frequency which will then cause the temperature to decrease. However, this will also lower the overall performance of the system.
ASUSTOR's 70 Series devices utilize fans with wide speed ranges combined with a smart speed control mechanism that allows the CPU to maintain a controlled operating temperature even under high loads. Under most circumstances the fans will operate at a low speed, conserving energy. When the system load and temperature increases, the fans will automatically increase their speed to cool the CPU without it having to lower its frequency. This allows the NAS to maintain stability and high performance even under high loads.
The AS7012RD / AS7012RDX features comprehensive backup solutions. The built-in redundant power supply and 4 Gigabit Ethernet ports effectively increase reliability, data integrity and execution speeds. The Ethernet ports and power supply all feature failover capabilities (when one fails, the other can continue to operate) in order to ensure for continuous data availability.
- CPU: Intel® Core i3 3.5GHz Dual-Core Processor
- AES-NI hardware encryption engine integrated
- Hardware transcoding engine supported format: H.264 (AVC), MPEG-4 Part 2, MPEG-2, VC-1
- Memory: 4GB UDIMM DDR3 (Expandable. Max 32GB)
- HDD: 2.5" / 3.5" SATA II/ III or SSD x 12
- Maximum Internal Raw Capacity: 96 TB (8 TB HDD X 12, Capacity may vary by RAID types)
- Supports Hot Swappable Drives
- Expansion: USB 3.0 x 4, eSATA x 2, 2 x for optional expansion 10-GbE / SAS card
- Network: Gigabit Ethernet x 4
- PCIe Expansion Slots: for optional 10GbE card and SAS card
- Output: HDMI 1.4a x 1
- System Fan: 60mm x 3
- Input Power Voltage: 100V to 240V AC
- Certification: FCC, CE, VCCI, BSMI, C-TICK
- Size: 88(H) x 439(W) x 535(D) mm
- Weight: 13.74 kg / 30.29 lb
- TCP/IP (IPv4 & IPv6)
- Link Aggregation: Supports 802.3ad and Six Other Modes for Load Balancing and/or Network Failover
- Jumbo Frame (MTU)
- Cloud Connect
- Wireless Network
- DDNS and EZ-Router
- Supports Wake-on-LAN (WOL)
- Rsync (Remote Sync) Backup
- Cloud Backup
- FTP Backup
- External Backup
- Internal Backup Using Internal High Speed SATA’s 6GB Bandwidth to Back up to MyArchive/Volume
- One Touch Backup