+44 (0)1782 44 44 55
**B Grade** HD 7970 Matrix Platinum 3072MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card
B Grade items may have been used, have damaged packaging, missing accessories or a combination of these (Motherboards may be missing I/O shields).
Some items may have scuff marks or slight scratches but should otherwise be an operable product.
DIY modification of voltages on MATRIX HD 797 becomes simple by removing the need for complicated and risky soldering. Just connect wires from dedicated headers on compatible ROG motherboards to VGA Hotwire connectors on MATRIX HD 7970, after which you can change voltages directly on the hardware level through the ASUS UEFI BIOS or via the Windows-based Ai Suite II.
TweakIt provides flexible overclocking control even when gaming or running benchmarks! The + and - buttons put overvolting adjustments at your fingertips, with more power translating into the faster and smoother gaming you crave and the winning edge you require for intense multiplayer and competitive benchmarking.
Instantly trigger the dual 100mm fans to 100% speed regardless of driver settings. This proves very useful in extreme overclocking and other heavy workload scenarios where rapid heat evacuation and max cooling are a must.
The Safe Mode button resets the graphics card back to default frequencies and BIOS settings. This is a very useful feature for hardware enthusiasts and experimental tuning - think of it like the motherboard's clear CMOS function.
MATRIX HD 7970 is built with carefully-designed massive 20-phase power delivery, unmatched by any other graphics card for the ultimate in performance and spectacular power delivery. This ensures ample room for experimental performance tuning, as its DIGI+ VRM digital voltage regulation design augments precision overclocking capabilities, which are further supported by the use of hardened Super Alloy Power capacitors, chokes, and MOSFETs. These components are forged under extreme pressure and temperatures to increase reliability, power output, and overall card lifespan while eliminating bothersome choke buzzing noise, unlike much tamer reference cards. All these and more enable the absolute best in overclocking potential and experience.
ASUS DirectCU thermal design utilizes all-copper heatpipes so heat is removed efficiently. DirectCU II generates 6X greater airflow yet performs 3X quieter than reference in idle and full load thanks to dual 100mm sound-dampening fans.
A color-coded LED MATRIX indicator at the back of the ROG MATRIX graphics card gives real time and easy-to-understand visual display of the current GPU workload, with colors changing dynamically depending your card’s work load.
Easily fine-tune core and memory clocks, voltages, and fan settings intuitively via sliders or manual value entry. MATRIX HD 7970 arrives with a new ROG edition of GPU Tweak, which adds detailed GPU loadline calibration and VRM frequency tuning, allowing for the most extensive control and adjustment parameters for maximum overclocking potential.
- TOP-selected 1100MHz cores run 175MHz higher than reference for smoother gameplay.
- All new MATRIX thermal design utilizes six all-copper heatpipes and 20% bigger dissipation area, achieving 20% cooler and 14dB quieter performance than reference
- Acclaimed DIGI+ VRM with 12-phase Super Alloy Power technology delivers precise digital power and enhanced durability for stable overclocking
- VGA Hotwire allows you to plug and solder wires on the card’s voltage regulators and accurately read and control Vcore, Vmem, and PLL voltages on a hardware level
- GPU Tweak utility helps you modify and tune clock speeds, voltages, and fan performance via an intuitive interface
- One card drives up to six screens with AMD Eyefinity™ 6
- ROG GPU Tweak suite offers the world's first graphics overclocking tool with loadline calibration and VRM overclocking.
- VOLTAGE UNLOCKED!
- PCI-E 3.0 Ready: Delivers double the bandwidth per lane of PCIe GEN2 for faster GPU- CPU
- Hugely overclockable
- Vastly cooler running than previous generation
- Quieter running than previous generation
- Compute Power: 3.5 TFLOPS
- Core Clock Speed: 1050MHz
- GPU Boost Speed: 1100MHz
- Primitive Rate: 2 prim / clk
- Shader Architecture: GCN
- Stream Processors: 32 CU / 2048 ALU
- Texture Units: 128
- ROPS / Z-Stencil: 32 / 128
- Frame Buffer / Memory: 3GB GDDR5
- Memory Width / Speed: 384 bit / 6600MHz
- Load / Idle Board Power: <300W / <3W
- Power Connectors: 8-pin + 8-pin
- 20 Phase super alloy design
- Display Outputs: 2x DVI + 4x DP
- AMD Golden Ticket: Choose any three games from AMD (Select 3 FREE Games from AMD upto December 31st 2013)
- FREE Shipping: Buying this product entitles you to FREE SHIPPING on your entire order!
- 3yr Warranty