Product information: **B Grade** Ageia PhysX Accelerator - Retail
Below is the original description for this product, any reference to warranty, promotional items or game codes listed in the description or product images should be ignored. Warranty for this item is 90 days as with all B Grade items.
B Grade items may have been used, have damaged packaging, missing accessories or a combination of these.
Some items may have scuff marks or slight scratches but should otherwise be an operable product.
Take your gaming rig into the future of PC gaming with BFG Tech physics accelerator cards powered by the AGEIA™ PhysX™ processor. Experience a new dimension in gaming physics performance. Things don’t just look real; they act real and feel real. Massively destructible buildings and landscapes; explosions that cause collateral damage; lifelike characters with spectacular new weapons; realistic smoke, fog and oozing fluids are all now possible with the AGEIA™ PhysX™ processor!* Physics is all about how objects in your game move and react. It’s not just how things look, but how they behave. In many of today’s games, objects just don’t seem to act the way you’d want or expect. Most of the action is limited to pre-scripted or canned animations. Even the most powerful weapons leave little more than a charred smudge on the thinnest of walls; and every opponent you take out falls in a strangely familiar way. Serious gamers are left with a fine game, but one with a missing sense of realism to make the experience truly immersive. Until now, only limited software physics has been integrated in games. That means physics computation has been handled by the general purpose CPU which is already burdened with the ever increasing demands of today’s advanced games including game logic and AI. Meanwhile, the highly specialized graphics processor is fully engaged with handling the rendering requirements of cinematic visuals at interactive framerates. As a result, physics in games has been limited to a few objects in a scene, one-off “effects” or visual trickery that just mimics real physics. Now for the first time, the AGEIA PhysX Processor delivers the computing horsepower necessary to enable true, advanced physics in games. Delivering advanced physics is an extremely compute-intensive undertaking, based on a unique set of physics algorithms, requiring tremendous amounts of mathematical and logical calculations with massive memory bandwidth. Simply put, it requires a highly specialized processor to deliver rich immersive environments with features such as:
- Explosions that cause dust and collateral debris
- Characters with complex, jointed geometries for more life-like motion and interaction
- Spectacular new weapons with unpredictable effects
- Cloth that drapes and tears the way you expect it to
- Lush foliage that sways naturally when brushed against
- Dense smoke & fog that billow around objects in motion
- Processor: AGEIA PhysX
- Memory Interface: 128-bit GDDR3
- Memory Capacity: 128MB
- Peak Instruction Bandwidth: 20 Billion/sec
- Sphere-Sphere Collisions: 530 Million/sec max
- Convex-Convex (Complex Collisions): 533,000/sec max
- Software Included: BFG PhysX Drivers, BFG PhysX Demo DVD
- 10 Year Manufacturer Warranty (Contact BFG representative on 001 866 234 3499 for warranty services)
- 24/7 Email Manufacturer Support (http://www.bfgtech.com/tech_redux.html)
More links for "**B Grade** Ageia PhysX Accelerator - Retail"