+44 (0)1782 44 44 55
**B Grade** X79S-UP5-Wifi Intel X79 (Socket 2011) DDR3 Motherboard
B Grade items may have been used, have damaged packaging, missing accessories or a combination of these (Motherboards may be missing I/O shields).
Some items may have scuff marks or slight scratches but should otherwise be an operable product.
The X79S-UP5-WIFI reaches beyond standard PC technologies and features to offer the perfect platform to build a workstation that caters for needs of today's creative professionals:Computer Aided Design – Digital Content Creators – Prosumers.
GIGABYTE X79 series motherboards are the first to take advantage of the exclusive GIGABYTE 3D Power, an all new hardware and software-based Digital Power Engine for both the PWM and Memory that delivers unprecedented power delivery control.
Utilizing a brand new Digital PWM controller, GIGABYTE's 3D Power features precise Auto Voltage Compensation to deliver a steady flow of power to the CPU and memory no matter the loading. This all new, all digital power system provides enthusiast users with exceptional control over the overclocking potential of their GIGABYTE X79 motherboard.
GIGABYTE is the first in the industry to utilize digital memory controllers for not only the Memory, but VTT and VSA, for real-time monitoring and adjusting. Digital memory control allows users to monitor and record DDR power and current in real-time while gaming, overclocking or at idle. Users can also set OVP (Over Voltage Protection) to safeguard your memory, adjust memory Load-line Calibration to fix memory vdrooping for a quicker response time and adjust memory PWM frequency on-the-fly.
Users can now enjoy a fully interactive 3D utility that facilitates adjustment of the 3 dimensions that control the power delivery to your CPU and Memory: Voltage, Phase and Frequency. These parameters are crucial to how the digital PWM supplies power to critical areas of the motherboard and can help users quickly obtain the highest, most stable overclock.
Voltage parameters can be modified within 3D Power, including load line calibration the of CPU. By adjusting load line calibration, Vdrooping can be avoided, maintaining optimal voltages levels despite increasing current levels. OVP (over voltage protection) can also be adjusted to change default protection range of the CPU, memory controller, VTT and system memory.
Users can calibrate OCP (Over Current Protection) for the CPU, integrated memory controller and system memory power levels. This allows the Phase control to deliver even more power to the system when needed.
GIGABYTE's digital PWM allows for adjustable frequency control via the International Rectifier (IR3567) PWM controller. 3D Power frequency control allows users to change the PWM controller frequency so that the CPU VRM can adjust power delivery speeds more quickly. Users can also adjust the PWM spectrum or maximum and minimum overall frequencies.
The revolutionary GIGABYTE 3D BIOS application is based on our new GIGABYTE UEFI DualBIOS™ technology and is available to consumers in two new exclusive modes of interaction never before seen in a BIOS environment. GIGABYTE has re-drawn the traditional BIOS experience providing mainstream and enthusiast users with a choice of unique and powerful graphical interfaces.
At the heart of this exciting 3D BIOS technology is a pair of 8MB physical BIOS ROMs containing GIGABYTE's exclusive in-house designed UEFI BIOS technology. With a superior graphical interface capable of 32-bit color imaging and fluid user-friendly mouse navigation, UEFI DualBIOS™ makes BIOS configuration a new and exciting experience for novice and experienced users alike. UEFI BIOS also brings native support for large hard drives on 64-bit operating systems.
Designed to provide an extremely streamlined and user-friendly BIOS environment, GIGABYTE's exclusive 3D mode offers a fully interactive and illustrative GUI that allows users to easily and intuitively make key adjustments to the UEFI BIOS settings for optimum performance. 3D Mode allows novice or casual users to more clearly understand the areas of the motherboard that are being affected through the BIOS settings, gaining a clearer understanding of the BIOS functionality.
Advanced mode provides a more comprehensive UEFI BIOS environment that is designed specifically for overclockers and power users who want maximum control over their PC's hardware. GIGABTYE's signature M.I.T. tuning technology can be found alongside fully configurable parameters for GIGABTE's all new digital 3D Power engine. In short, advanced mode combines the signature GIGABYTE BIOS expertise you’ve come to expect, wrapped a slick, new and optimized graphical UEFI interface.
Intel Xeon E5 2600/1600 processors bring the successful Sandy Bridge architecture to the Intel Xeon processor line-up in the form of Sandy Bridge EP. With up to 8 cores coupled with a larger 20MB L3 cache and clock speeds of up to 3.6GHz Intel Xeon processors offer unrivalled performance.
SAS is currently the dominant storage technology used in server, workstation and professional class media creation computers.
The Intel C606 Chipset provides SAS support for up to eight SAS drives Improved performance and long-term stability make SAS drives ideal for 24/7 intensive workstation and mission critical applications.
The GIGABYTE motherboard supports more robust and ultra reliable ECC (error-code correction) DDR3 memory modules. Designed to detect and eliminate all single-bit data errors to ensure virtually zero data corruption.
The latest Intel® 2nd Gen Core™ i7 processors feature a new integrated memory controller that supports four channel DDR3 memory for the first time. Offering unrivalled memory performance with incredible potential data bandwidth, GIGABYTE X79 series motherboards give you the ultimate performance for today's memory-intensive applications.
The GIGABYTE motherboard is fully configured to provide gamers with the latest Gen.3 PCI Express technology, delivering maximum data bandwidth for forthcoming discrete graphics cards.
* PCIe Gen. 3 is dependent on CPU and expansion card compatibility.
The GIGABYTE X79S-UP5-WIFI is equipped to help extreme gamers see the enemy from distance, regardless of how bloody the battlefield, offering the utmost graphics flexibility and upgradeability with multiple GPU support, that includes three PCI Express slots for both AMD CrossFire™ X and Nvidia SLI™ technologies in 3-way discrete card configurations. The GIGABYTE X79S-UP5-WIFI motherboard delivers maximum FPS, allowing gamers to see more clearly, aim faster, and move more quickly.
OC-Dual BIOS features a unique back-panel BIOS switcher and LED indicator, allowing users to select one BIOS for normal use, and another for specifically designated for overclocking. This means that if your overclocking configuration suffers from instability, you can easily revert to your stable settings if needed. With OC-Dual BIOS, users can also easily compare two different BIOS versions, a very useful feature when users want to update to a new BIOS, but don't want to lose their original settings.
The motherboard also includes an exclusive PCIe expansion card that offers support for the latest Bluetooth 4.0 and IEEE 802.11 a/b/g/n Wi-Fi connectivity. The Bluetooth 4.0 standard includes Smart Ready technology that is debuting on mobile devices including the Apple® iPhone® 4s. This means that transferring important content from your smart phone or tablet is easier and faster than ever..
GIGABYTE X79 series motherboards feature GIGABYTE 333 Onboard Acceleration , a range of the latest technologies that are designed help speed up data transfer, including SuperSpeed USB 3.0 technology, SATA Revision 3.0 (6Gbps) technology and an unprecedented 3x USB power boost on all USB ports for more power hungry USB devices.
GIGABYTE X79 series motherboards feature ON/OFF Charge, a unique GIGAYTE technology which allows you not only to charge your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch, but also allows you to Quick Charge it. As an added bonus, it can even be charged when your PC is turned off, so even if you forget to plug it into your charger after you've synced up your music, it will be fully charged when you need it.
- CPU: Support for Intel® Core™ i7 processors in the LGA2011 package - L3 cache varies with CPU
- Intel® C606 Express Chipset
Memory: 8 x 1.5V DDR3 DIMM sockets supporting up to 64 GB of system memory
* Due to a Windows 32-bit operating system limitation, when more than 4 GB of physical memory is installed, the actual memory size displayed will be less than the size of the physical memory installed.
- 4 channel memory architecture
- Support for DDR3 2133/1866/1600/1333/1066 MHz memory modules
- Support for ECC memory modules
- Support for Extreme Memory Profile (XMP) memory modules
- Realtek ALC898 codec
- High Definition Audio
- Support for S/PDIF Out
- LAN: 1 x Intel GbE LAN chip (10/100/1000 Mbit) (LAN1), 1 x Realtek GbE LAN chip (10/100/1000 Mbit) (LAN2)
- Expansion Slots
- 2 x PCI Express x16 slots, running at x16 (PCIEX16_1, PCIEX16_2)
* For optimum performance, if only one PCI Express graphics card is to be installed, be sure to install it in the PCIEX16_1 slot; if you are installing two PCI Express graphics cards, it is recommended that you install them in the PCIEX16_1 and PCIEX16_2 slots.
- 1 x PCI Express x16 slot, running at x8 (PCIEX8)
* The PCIEX8 slot shares bandwidth with the PCIEX16_2 slot. When the PCIEX8 slot is populated, the PCIEX16_2 slot will operate at up to x8 mode.
- 1 x PCI Express x16 slot, running at x4 (PCIEX4)
(The PCIEX16, PCIEX8, and PCIEX4 slots conform to PCI Express 3.0 standard.)
- 1 x PCI Express x1 slot
(The PCIEX1 slot conforms to PCI Express 2.0 standard.)
- 1 x PCI slot
- Support for 3-Way/2-Way AMD CrossFireX™/NVIDIA SLI technology
- Storage Interface Chipset:
- 2 x SATA 6Gb/s connectors (SATA3 0~1) supporting up to 2 SATA 6Gb/s devices
- 4 x SATA 3Gb/s connectors (SATA2 2~5) supporting up to 4 SATA 3Gb/s devices
- Support for RAID 0, RAID 1, RAID 5, and RAID 10
* When a RAID set is built across the SATA 6Gb/s and SATA 3Gb/s channels, the system performance of the RAID set may vary depending on the devices being connected.
- 8 x SAS 3Gb/s connectors (SAS2 0~7) supporting up to 8 SAS 3Gb/s devices
* The SAS connectors do not support optical drives.
- Support for RAID 0, RAID 1, and RAID 10
Marvell 88SE9172 chip: 2 x eSATA 6Gb/s connectors (including 1 eSATA/USB Combo) on the back panel supporting up to 2 SATA 6Gb/s devices
- Support for RAID 0 and RAID 1
- USB Chipset: Up to 12 USB 2.0/1.1 ports (6 ports on the back panel, including 1 eSATA/USB Combo, 6 ports available through the internal USB headers)
- VIA VL800 chip: Up to 4 USB 3.0/2.0 ports on the back panel
* Due to a Windows 7 limitation, please connect your USB device(s) to the USB 2.0/1.1 port(s) before the - VIA USB 3.0 controller driver is installed.
- Fresco FL1009 chip: Up to 2 USB 3.0/2.0 ports (available through the internal USB header)
- IEEE 1394 VIA VT6308 chip: Up to 2 IEEE 1394a ports (1 port on the back panel, 1 port available through the internal IEEE 1394a header)
Internal I/O Connectors
- 1 x 24-pin ATX main power connector
- 1 x 8-pin ATX 12V power connector
- 2 x SATA 6Gb/s connectors
- 4 x SATA 3Gb/s connectors
- 8 x SAS 3Gb/s connectors
- 1 x CPU fan header
- 4 x system fan headers
- 1 x front panel header
- 1 x front panel audio header
- 1 x S/PDIF Out header
- 1 x USB 3.0/2.0 header
- 3 x USB 2.0/1.1 headers
- 1 x IEEE 1394a port
- 1 x Clear CMOS jumper
- 1 x Trusted Platform Module (TPM) header
- 1 x power button
- 1 x reset button
Back Panel Connectors
- 1 x PS/2 keyboard/mouse port
- 1 x CPU overclocking button
- 1 x BIOS switch button
- 1 x Clear CMOS button
- 1 x IEEE 1394a port
- 4 x USB 3.0/2.0 ports
- 5 x USB 2.0/1.1 ports
- 1 x eSATA/USB Combo connector
- 1 x eSATA 6Gb/s connector
- 2 x RJ-45 ports
- 1 x optical S/PDIF Out connector
- 5 x audio jacks (Center/Subwoofer Speaker Out, Rear Speaker Out, Line In, Line Out, Mic In)