+44 (0)1782 44 44 55
**B Grade** iPad w/ Retina Display Wi-Fi 4G 16GB - White
B Grade items may have been used, have damaged packaging, missing accessories or a combination of these (Motherboards may be missing I/O shields).
Some items may have scuff marks or slight scratches but should otherwise be an operable product.
Four times more pixels than iPad 2. Razor-sharp text. Richer colors. The Retina display transforms the entire iPad experience. So everything looks and feels incredibly lifelike and perfectly detailed. Everything you do with iPad, you do through its large, beautiful display. And when the display is better, the entire iPad experience is better. The Retina display on the new iPad features a 2048-by-1536 resolution, 44 percent greater color saturation, and an astounding 3.1 million pixels — in the same 9.7-inch space. That’s four times the number of pixels in iPad 2 and a million more than an HDTV. Those pixels are so close together, your eyes can’t discern individual ones at a normal viewing distance. When you can’t see the pixels, you see the whole picture. Or article. Or game. In ways you never could before.
In order to create a display with four times the pixels, we had to design it in a completely new way. You see, every pixel in a display has multiple signals telling it when to light up. But when you have a lot of pixels and a lot of signals on the same plane, signals get crossed and image quality suffers. To make sure everything on the new iPad looks crystal clear, Apple engineers elevated the pixels onto a different plane — separating them from the signals. It’s technology that’s breakthrough. Just like the new iPad itself.
The A5X chip with quad-core graphics drives four times the pixels of iPad 2 yet it delivers the same smoothness and fluidity iPad is known for. Even with all that extra oomph, the new iPad still gets an amazing 10 hours of battery life. The Retina display on the new iPad wouldn’t be possible without the new and powerful A5X chip. It drives power to every one of the 3.1 million pixels in the display. And its quad-core graphics processing makes everything you do on iPad feel incredibly responsive. From the little things like swiping, scrolling, and pinching to the big things like editing photos in the new iPhoto, applying titles and transitions in iMovie, and, of course, playing games. You use your iPad all the time. A few minutes here, an hour or so there. And each time you press the Home button or open the Smart Cover, it’s ready to go. Instantly. That’s the work of flash storage. It’s fast and reliable, so you can get to your apps and do whatever you need to do, pronto. The new iPad features a Retina display with four times the pixels of iPad 2 and quad-core graphics. How much of an effect does that have on battery life? Almost none. You still get up to 10 hours of power to read, watch, play, write, and create whatever you want, all you want.
The new iPad features Apple’s 5-megapixel iSight camera. Designed with advanced optics, it lets you shoot gorgeous photos and 1080p HD video. The 5-megapixel iSight camera features a backside illumination sensor that captures great-looking pictures whether by sunlight or candlelight. Autofocus, tap to focus, and tap to set exposure functions mean every photo you take instantly becomes a frameworthy gem. And with built-in face detection that automatically balances focus and exposure across up to 10 faces, there’s more room for more grins. So everyone look at iPad and say “Cheese.” Sometimes life takes you by surprise. You’re reading a best seller on your iPad waiting for the morning train when you spy a gifted performer on the platform. Or you’re browsing the web on the couch when your dog trots by wearing your daughter’s tutu. The iSight camera on the new iPad lets you capture all these unpredictable, beautiful, and hilarious moments. In 1080p HD, no less. And with automatic video stabilization, your recording is free of bumps and shakes. Which is a big advantage when you’re laughing uncontrollably. Megapixels matter. But the quality of a photo is determined by other things, too — like the camera’s optics, image signal processor, and software. The iSight camera uses advanced optics to give you the best picture possible. With an ƒ/2.4 aperture and a five-element lens, it captures light efficiently to produce a sharper overall image. And the hybrid infrared filter — typically reserved for expensive SLR cameras — keeps out harmful IR light for more accurate, uniform colors.
You use your iPad a lot, so you want it with you wherever you go. The new iPad offers the most comprehensive support for networks around the world. It’s designed with cellular antennas that access a larger frequency spectrum. That means you can get online almost anywhere you are — whether you’re on AT&T or Verizon. You can even pop in a local SIM card to get a connection when you’re traveling. The new iPad supports fast cellular networks the world over — including 4G LTE networks in the U.S. and Canada.2 So you can browse the web, stream content, or download a movie at blazing-fast speeds. It also works on GSM/UMTS worldwide network technologies including HSPA, HSPA+, and DC-HSDPA — the fastest 3G networks out there. You’ll see downlink speeds up to 42 Mbps with DC-HSDPA and up to 21.1 Mbps with HSPA+. Where supported, iPad can share its high-speed data connection as a personal hotspot. You can connect up to five devices — such as a MacBook Air, an iPod touch, or another iPad — over Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, or USB.
iOS is the magic behind iPad. It lets you see and do everything using Multi-Touch. It includes all the powerful, innovative, and fun built-in apps you use every day, many times a day. It’s the preferred choice for app developers. And it’s yet another reason no other device comes close to iPad. iCloud stores your music, photos, apps, mail, contacts, calendars, documents, and more and wirelessly pushes them to all your devices.4 So if you buy a song, take a photo, or edit a calendar event on your iPad, iCloud makes sure it appears on your Mac, iPhone, and iPod touch, too. You don’t have to do a thing. Write an email. Send a text. Search the web. Or create a note. And do it all with only your voice. Instead of typing, tap the microphone icon on the keyboard. Then say what you want to say while your iPad listens. When you’re done, tap anywhere on the screen and, just like that, your spoken words become written words. Dictation also works with third-party apps, so you can do things like update your Facebook status or share a thought on your Twitter feed.
The App Store is home to over 225,000 apps and counting — all made just for iPad. And many of them are free. You buy apps from the App Store using the same Apple ID you use to buy music from iTunes. Find an app you like, tap to buy it, and it starts downloading instantly. iPad lets you know when updates are available, so your apps are always current. An app that’s made for iPad is genuinely made for iPad. That means it’s specifically designed to take advantage of the way iPad works. Need proof? Check out Apple’s beautiful iPhoto app on the new iPad. It’s just one of thousands of apps that let you do things with iPad you never thought possible. With iPhoto in the picture, the iLife family of apps for iPad — including GarageBand and iMovie — is complete.
All the great stuff on your iPad — your music, photos, and videos — can stream wirelessly to your HDTV and speakers via Apple TV7 or to AirPlay-enabled speakers over a Wi-Fi network. With just a tap on the AirPlay icon, you can rock the house with your favorite album, have a movie night, or show off some photos. And go big.
Every iPad comes with one year of hardware repair coverage and 90 days of telephone technical support. AppleCare+ for iPad extends repair coverage and technical support to two years and adds accidental damage protection for your iPad.
- Height: 9.50 inches (241.2 mm)
- Width: 7.31 inches (185.7 mm)
- Depth: 0.37 inch (9.4 mm)
- Weight: 1.46 pounds (662 g)
- Retina display
- 9.7-inch (diagonal) LED-backlit glossy widescreen Multi-Touch display with IPS technology
- 2048-by-1536-pixel resolution at 264 pixels per inch (ppi)
- Fingerprint-resistant oleophobic coating
- Support for display of multiple languages and characters simultaneously
- Dual-core Apple A5X custom-designed, high-performance, low-power system-on-a-chip with quad-core graphics
- Wi-Fi (802.11a/b/g/n)
- Bluetooth 4.0 technology
- Model for AT&T: 4G LTE (700, 2100 MHz)3; UMTS/HSPA/HSPA+/DC-HSDPA (850, 900, 1900, 2100 MHz); GSM/EDGE (850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz)
- Model for Verizon: 4G LTE (700 MHz)3; CDMA EV-DO Rev. A (800, 1900 MHz); UMTS/HSPA/HSPA+/DC-HSDPA (850, 900, 1900, 2100 MHz); GSM/EDGE (850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz)
- Data only4
- 5-megapixel iSight camera
- Tap to focus
- Face detection in still images
- Video recording, HD (1080p) up to 30 frames per second with audio
- Video stabilization
- FaceTime camera with VGA-quality photos and video at up to 30 frames per second
- Photo and video geotagging
- Built-in 42.5-watt-hour rechargeable lithium-polymer battery
- Up to 10 hours of surfing the web on Wi-Fi, watching video, or listening to music
- Up to 9 hours of surfing the web using cellular data network
- Charging via power adapter or USB to computer system
- 30-pin dock connector port
- 3.5-mm stereo headphone minijack
- Built-in speaker
- Micro-SIM card tray
- Ambient light sensor
- Digital compass
- Assisted GPS and GLONASS
- Frequency response: 20Hz to 20,000Hz
- Audio formats supported: HE-AAC (V1 and V2), AAC (8 to 320 Kbps), Protected AAC (from iTunes Store), MP3 (8 to 320 Kbps), MP3 VBR, Audible (formats 2, 3, and 4, Audible Enhanced Audio, AAX, and AAX+), Apple Lossless, AIFF, and WAV
- User-configurable maximum volume limit
- Dolby Digital 5.1 surround sound pass-through with Apple Digital AV Adapter (sold separately)
- AirPlay Mirroring to Apple TV (2nd and 3rd generation) at 720p
- AirPlay video streaming to Apple TV (3rd generation) at up to 1080p and Apple TV (2nd generation) at up to 720p
- Video mirroring and video out support: Up to 1080p with Apple Digital AV Adapter or Apple VGA Adapter (adapters sold separately)
- Video out support at 576i and 480i with Apple Composite AV Cable (cable sold separately)
- Video formats supported: H.264 video up to 1080p, 30 frames per second, High Profile level 4.1 with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats; MPEG-4 video up to 2.5 Mbps, 640 by 480 pixels, 30 frames per second, Simple Profile with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps per channel, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats; Motion JPEG (M-JPEG) up to 35 Mbps, 1280 by 720 pixels, 30 frames per second, audio in ulaw, PCM stereo audio in .avi file format
- VoiceOver screen reader
- Support for playback of closed-captioned content
- AssistiveTouch interface for adaptive accessories
- Full-screen zoom magnification
- Large fonts
- White on black display
- Left/right volume adjustment
- Operating temperature: 32° to 95° F (0° to 35° C)
- Nonoperating temperature: -4° to 113° F (-20° to 45° C)
- Relative humidity: 5% to 95% noncondensing
- Maximum operating altitude: 10,000 feet (3000 m)
- NB: We do not hold stock, and upon placing an order we ship these direct from the manufacturer