+44 (0)1782 44 44 55
**B Grade** Focus Plus 850W 80 Plus Platinum Modular (CA-05W-SS)
B Grade items may have been used, have damaged packaging, missing accessories or a combination of these.
Some items may have scuff marks or slight scratches but should otherwise be an operable product.
Focus Plus 850W Key Features80 Plus Platinum
The higher the level of efficiency of the power supply, the less power gets wasted in the form of excess heat . The 80 PLUS® Platinum certification guarantees greater than 90 %, 92 % and 89 % efficiency at 20 %, 50 % and 100 % operating loads, respectively. The Seasonic Platinum Series represents the highest level of technology and efficiency achievement of Sea Sonic during its 40 years of commitment to engineering excellence.
This ultra-high power density, small footprint (140 mm depth) power supply is an ideal choice for all, especially compact ATX cases.
Fluid Dynamic Fan Bearing
High performance Fluid Dynamic Bearing (FDB) fans are designed to take advantage of the impact absorbance effects of oil. They are extremely reliable and generate considerably less operating noise and heat than ball bearing fans. The lubrication of the bearing surface reduces friction and vibration and therefore lowers overall power consumption. Due to the effortless, quieter rotations and its robust construction, this reliable fan technology also greatly increases the lifespan of the fan.
How it works
When the fan shaft rotates, high pressure oil drifts along the grooves of the bearing sleeve to generate a thin layer of lubrication between the bearing faces. As the speed increases, so does dynamic oil pressure and the shaft is lifted from the bearing to create smooth, effortless rotations. The herringbone shape of the groves helps to efficiently channel the lubricant and avert leakage.
Hybrid Silent fan Control
The industry’s first, Seasonic patented, advanced three-phased thermal control achieves optimal between silence and cooling. This Hybrid Silent Fan Control functions in three operational stages: Fanless Mode, Silent Mode, and Cooling Mode.
Benefits of this design
- Reduced noise without increase in temperature;
- Extended fan life due to the reduced number of fan rotations;
- Optimized heat dissipation at all times;
- Unsurpassed silent performance in Fanless Mode.
Additionally, there is a switch at the back of the power supply which allows users to customize their cooling needs by selecting between the Seasonic S2FC (fan control without Fanless Mode) and the S3FC (fan control including Fanless Mode).
Tight Voltage Regulation
Seasonic’s advanced design is to improve load regulation which reduces voltage variations to provide smooth and stable operations.
Cable-free Connection Design
Seasonic’s engineers have implemented a new design feature, where instead of cables; the back panel and the PCB (Printed Circuit Board) are connected by a copper plate. This breakthrough solution not only lowers the chance of production errors during manual insertion but it also improves output power quality.
10 Years Warranty
Our commitment to superior Seasonic quality.
Specification- 80PLUS: Platinum
- Form Factor: Intel ATX 12 V
- Dimensions: 150 mm (W) x 140 mm (L) x 86 mm (H)
- Fan Size: 120 mm
- Fan Control: Hybrid Silent fan Control
- Fan Bearing: Fluid Dynamic Bearing
- Life Expectancy: 70,000 hours at 40 °C, 15 % - 65 % RH
- Modularity: Fully Modular
- Cable type: Flat black cables
- Operating Temperature: 0 - 50 °C
- MTBF @ 25 °C, excl. fan: 100,000 hours
- AC Input: Full Range
- Protection: OPP, OVP, UVP, OCP, OTP, SCP
- Safety and EMC: cULus, TUV, CB, CCC, BSMI, EAC, RCM
- Environmental Compliance: Energy Star, RoHS, WEEE, ErP Lot 6, REACH
Connectors- 1 x 20+4-Pin ATX12V/EPS12V
- 2 x 4+4-Pin ATX12V/EPS12V
- 6 x 6+2-Pin-PCIe
- 10 x SATA
- 5 x 4-Pin-Molex
- 1 x Floppy
- Warranty: 10 Years Originally sold at £116.66+VAT