Product information: **B Grade** TH8 RS Shifter - PC
B Grade items may have been used, have damaged packaging, missing accessories or a combination of these.
Some items may have scuff marks or slight scratches but should otherwise be an operable product.
Realism and versatility:
Some virtual drivers cannot imagine shifting speeds otherwise than with a specific gearbox. With the TH8 RS, which boasts unrivalled technical innovations supported by pending patent applications, Thrustmaster now offers a device that is realistic enough to satisfy even the most demanding drivers.
At first glance, the TH8 RS looks realistic enough to be fitted to a real car. It features a 13 cm (5.12 in.) tall stick with a removable knob; the stick is compatible with real-life universal gear shift knobs. The TH8 RS includes two interchangeable shift plates, each suited to a specific configuration H-pattern (7 gears plus 1 reverse gear) and Sequential (pull the lever towards the + mark to gear up, and push it towards the mark to gear down).
To allow users to freely adjust the TH8 RS to their convenience, the position and the rotation angles of the shift plate and clamping system can be adjusted by 360 degrees. The removable clamping system, optimized for any type of support, is also open to customization: it is suited to both table tops and shelves (1 to 55 mm thick) and cockpits alike (built-in 'screw threads' are located under the TH8 RS). Gear strokes can also be adjusted (via a downloadable PC application and the device's internal memory), as well as the gear shift's resistance.
Cutting-edge materials and technologies:
The internal mechanism, the lever, the outer housing and the clamping system are 100% metal. This robust design significantly contributes to the extremely realistic in-game sensations delivered by the TH8 RS.
Thrustmaster has also taken care to grace the TH8 RS with unrivalled precision, by including H.E.A.R.T (Hall Effect AccuRate Technology) technology featuring magnetic sensor, without any potentiometer or tact switch and therefore, without contacts, for an unlimited product lifespan. In addition, the firmware can be upgraded to offer all foreseeable evolutions, assuring users that the TH8 RS is here to make a lasting impression.
The TH8 RS with USB connectivity is compatible with the T500 RS racing wheel on PlayStation®3 (a list of compatible games is available on the Thrustmaster support website) and with all currently available racing wheels for PC.
- Extreme realism:
- Shifting gears feels just like in a real car
- 13 cm tall gear stick with knob
- Detachable knob compatible with real universal knobs
- Ultimate versatility:
- Unique design enables 2 driving styles by using the two interchangeable shift plates provided:
- "H"-pattern (7+1)
- "Sequential (+/-)"
- Used with a PC, the gearbox is compatible with all racing wheels and games on the market that support multi-USB and gearboxes
- Used with the PS3, the gearbox is compatible with racing wheels (including the T500 RS) and games (**) that have been developed to be compatible.
- 100% metal internal mechanism, lever, and clamping system
- Absolute precision:
- H.E.A.R.T HallEffect AccuRate Technology
- Contactless magnetic sensor ensures consistency over time
- No "Tact switch" no potentiometer for unlimited product lifetime
- Full adjustability:
- Upgradable firmware and internal memory with adjustable gear-shift travel (downloadable software on PC)
- Adjustable resistance when changing gear
- Shift-plate position and rotation adjustable by 360°
- Clamping system position and rotation adjustable by 360°
- Optimal clamping (built-in screw threads + removable clamping system):
- Tables or shelves from 1-50 mm in thickness