+44 (0)1782 44 44 55
Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler + Intel Core I7-8086K 4.00GHz 40th Anniversary CPUDark Rock™ CPU coolers have long been category leaders, and now the significantly upgraded Dark Rock Pro 3 is even more powerful. This virtually inaudible double-tower CPU cooler puts famous be quiet! SilentWings® technology in your PC where it really counts. They are excellent for overclocked systems and demanding multi-graphics platforms.
Dark Rock Pro 3 offers top performance-to-noise ratio and the highest reliability available. Improved cooling efficiency (250W TDP) and really silent operation (only 26.1dB(A) at maximum speed) mean this cooler strikes the perfect balance between cooling and serenity —truly silence and performance without compromises.
- Improved dynamic wave-contour cooling fins with small dots on the surface increase air circulation and contribute to high convection efficiency without raising overall noise
- Enhanced double-tower layout offers reduced weight and enables high cooling power
- Support of additional 120mm fan for extreme cooling performance (free fan clips are included in the scope of delivery)
- Seven high-performance heat pipes with copper lining and aluminum caps carry heat to the optimal location on the cooling fins, maximizing heat conductance
- The immensely high cooling capacity of 250W TDP offers low temperature even at peak performance
- New arrangement of heat pipes enhances the cooling capability
- Overall dimensions without mounting material (L x W x H), (mm): 97 x 137 x 160
- TDP (W): 190
- Backplate Mounting: Yes
- Fan model: 1 x SilentWings PWM 135mm
- Overall noise level (dB(A)) @ 50/75/100% (rpm): 8.4 / 13.6 / 21.1
- Warranty: 3 Years
- Dimensions (mm):73 x 132 x 160
- Number of fins: 51
- Fin material: Aluminium
- Base material: Copper
- CPU contact surface: CNC machined
- Heatpipe number / Diameter (mm): 6, 6
- Surface treatment: Aluminium / Dark nickel-plated
- Fan dimensions (mm): 135 x 135 x 22
- Speed @ 100% PWM (rpm): 1,400
- Air flow @ 12V (cfm / m3/h): 67.8, 113.8
- Air pressure @ 12V (mm H2O): 2.1
- Bearing type: Fluid Dynamic Bearing
- Motor technology: 6-pole fan motor
- Rated voltage (V): 12
- Input current (A): 0.11
- Input power (W): 1.32
- Connector: 4-pin PWM
- Cable length (mm): 220
- Lifespan (h / 25°C): 300,000
On 8th June 1978, Intel launched their first x86 processor. To mark the 40th anniversary of this momentous day, Intel have produced the special edition Core i7-8086K. This is a limited edition CPU, Intel are producing no more and as such once our stock has sold out you will have missed your opportunity to own this truly legenday product.
Not merely a symbolic gesture, the 8086k is at the pinnacle of CPU engineering. It features 6 cores and 12 threads and, being a compatible K-edition, it will automatically overclock from its already impressive base clock of 4GHz to 5GHz.
This processor is available in limited quantities so will only be available for purchase for a short time. Get it while stocks last!
The Intel Core i7-8086K at a Glance:
- Limited 40th anniversary special edition of Intel's first 8086k processor
- Be the envy of all your friends by owning this truly limited edition processor from Intel
- 6 physical cores, 12 logical cores thanks to SMT!
- 4.0 GHz Base Clock with 95 Watt TDP
- 5.0 GHz Boost Clock with Turbo Boost 2.0
- Unlocked multiplier for overclocking
- 12 Megabyte L3 Cache
- Support for DDR4-2.666 (Dual Channel)
- Revised UHD Graphics 630 GPU
- Only compatible with motherboards utilising Intel's 300- series chipsets!
- Attention: Boxed version without CPU cooler!
The Intel Core i7-8086K: Hexa-Core Processor with Hyper-Threading
To mark the fortieth anniversary of the initial x86 chip's release, Intel have made a special edition core i7 chip. It bears the name i7-8086k in homage to the original and is boxed in special edition packaging.
As with all Intel's k-series CPUs the i7-8086k natively supports overclocking. The latest 8086K anniversary CPU has a base clock of 4.0Ghz and, thanks to Turbo Boost 2.0 technology, this rises up toa blazing 5.0Ghz. This makes it one of the fastest stock consumer CPU's ever released by Intel.
The i7-8086K's L3 Cache has been increased to 12 Megabytes and it features six CPU cores as well as Hyper-Threading. As a result 12 threads rather than just 6 can be processed simultaneously and all at a low TDP of just 95 Watts.
The integrated GPU has been similarly optimised. With 24 Execution Units, it offers plenty of graphics processing power for Intel Quick Sync, intense computational tasks and of course a gaming.
Additionally, the GPU supports DirectX 12 with Feature Level 12_1, OpenGL 4.5 and OpenCL 2.0 as well as 4K, UHD- resolutions at 60 Hz via Displayport - provided the processor is paired with a compatible motherboard.
As for memory, the 4-core processors support speeds up to 2.400 MHz, while six-core processors support up to 2.666 MHz.
Please note that the i7-8086 is compatible only with the 300- series chipset, it cannot be used with older chipsets. The boxed version also comes without a CPU cooler.
Intel Core i7-8086K ("Coffee Lake")
Manufacturing Process: 14 nm PlusPlus
6 / 12 (physical / virtual)
Base Clock: 4.0 GHz
Turbo Frequency (max.): 5.0 GHz
Level 3 Cache: 12 MB
Level 2 Cache: 1.5 MB (6x 256 kB)
Memory Controller: Internal
Memory Channels: 2
Memory Standard: DDR4 (2.666 MHz)
- Integrated GPU:
Intel UHD Graphics 630 (24 EUs, max. 1.200 MHz)
- Socket Compatibility:
- Chipset Compatibility:
300- series from Intel