Product information: 54Mbps Wireless Access Point (F5D7130UK)The 802.11g WAP connects to your network switch and lets you join your wireless-equipped PCs to your wired network. It is based on breakthrough 802.11g technology that makes wireless file transfers and downloads faster than ever before. 802.11g technology provides you with networking speeds nearly five times faster than the current Wi-Fi (802.11b) standard. When connected to a gateway, the WAP can increase your network's coverage area and allow you to take advantage of expanded wireless roaming capabilities. Once you've done the simple setup, you can share data and peripherals, as well as a single Internet account among all your computers. 802.11g technology is the easiest wireless network to implement. The Access Point uses the wireless 802.11g 2.4GHz standard to offer you the widest working range-up to 1500 feet -and greater interoperability in mixed networking environments. 802.11g technology is backward-compatible with the 802.11b Wi-Fi networking standard, so it allows you to implement faster wireless technologies in combination with existing 802.11b Wi-Fi networks. An added Turbo Mode feature isolates your network from 802.11b wireless clients and allows your network to transmit data at the highest 802.11g data rate, 54Mbps.
- Three times the operating range of 802.11a
- Compatibile with all 802.11b devices
- Provides a wide wireless range, requiring 75% fewer access as an 802.11a network
- Features wireless 64- and 128-bit WEP encryption
- Allows you to use Turbo Mode and network at 54Mbps, the highest data rate for 802.11g clients
- Works with Macintosh® and PC computers
- Comes with Belkin Lifetime Warranty