+44 (0)1782 44 44 55
A4-SFX v2 Mini-ITX Gaming Case - Silver**ALL EXISTING AND NEW PRE-ORDERS OF THE DAN CASE WILL RECEIVE THE REVISED v2 MODEL **
Improvements on the V2 model include- Cover for GPU mount area
- Better alignment of USB Port
- Stamp-in motherboard Stand-offs
- 92mm fan or AIO mount point
- Rubber case feet with better grip
- Optional window kit for both sides
Originating from Flensburg, Germany, Daniel Hansen is the designer of the DAN A4-SFX series of gaming cases for mini-ITX systems. This series of cases was funded by the Kickstarter crowdfunding platform and developed by the one-man business named after its owner. The extremely successful fundraising campaign raised almost 400.000 Euros and drew international attention to this line of minimalist SFF (Small Form Factor) cases, enjoying continued popularity among PC builders, mini-case enthusiasts and gamers. The hype about this unique case is also easily explained, after all it lays claim to the mantle of nothing less than the smallest gaming case in the world!
An Overview of the DAN Cases A4-SFX Mini-Case
- Extremely compact dimensions (11.2 x 20.5 x 32,7 cm) with a volume of just 7.25 litres
- Premium aluminium (silver) with a brushed surface
- Excellent workmanship thanks to the Lian Li manufacturing
- Requires no case fans of any kind due to the component-dependant cooling
- Supports full-fledged gaming graphics cards (e.g. NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080)
- 3M Riser Module with full PCI-Express 3.0 speeds
- Accepts mini-ITX form factor motherboards (including all AMD & Intel platforms)
- Space for powerful SFX or SFX-L power supplies & two or three 2.5" storage devices
- Innovative design with a comprehensive installation guide in German & English
A Rigorously Planned Concept & The Perfect Utilisation of SpaceAn extremely compact chassis measuring a mere 112 x 200 x 317 mm (W x H x D) brings its volume up to a tiny 7.25 litres, to put that into context, that is roughly the size of a shoe box or a toaster. In spite of the diminutive size of the case, there is space to install a complete gaming PC, and performing this miracle requires a little trick: the graphics card is installed parallel behind the mini-ITX motherboard in a separate chamber and this means that virtually every single square centimetre of space inside the DAN Cases A4-SFX is intelligently utilised whereas the majority of space in traditional tower cases is simply unused. As of this moment a gaming PC simply cannot get any smaller than this!
Premium Aluminium Case Manufactured by Lian Li
With its ascetic design and the flawless craftsmanship of its silver, anodised aluminium, this innovative little guy makes a striking impression. The 1.5 mm thick aluminium is produced in cooperation with case specialist Lian Li and bears a slick hairline finish that contributes to its distinctive look. In keeping with its minimalist look, a single USB 3.0 port with an internal mainboard connection is provided on the front panel next to the power button, and even the interior purposefully restrains itself to the minimum amount of space required for essential hardware. Due to the meticulously thought-out dimensions of the case, the maximum measurements of every component must be taken into account.
The clever cooling concepts integrated into this case also draw on a certain kind of Spartan creativity - managing without any case fans whatsoever and maximising the usage of the cooling integrated into the hardware allows even more valuable space to be conserved. To ensure that all components are kept supplied with fresh air at all times and that waste heat is effectively transported away from the components, both side panels as well as the top of the A4-SFX case have been furnished with large surface areas and round air vents. The bottom of the case is specially provided with elongated air vents to ensure optimal airflow. To protect all air vents from dust, DEMCiflex provides optional DAN Cases A4-SFX Dust Filters.
Supports Full-Fledged High-End Graphics Cards Due to the 3M Riser ModuleInternally a mini-ITX format motherboard can be installed on the right side, and a CPU cooler with a maximum height of 4.8 cm can provide the requisite cooling. Flat top-blower cooler are capable of providing more than sufficient cooling due to the lower and lower TDP of modern processors. A 3M riser adapter guides the PCI-Express x16 slot of the motherboard to the left-hand side of the case, and this space can be used to install a gaming graphics card up to 295 mm in length.
The Diminutive Size of a Games Console & More Performance
PCI-Express lanes are normally sensitive to the signal loss that comes with increasing distances or extensions, but due to the quality of the riser card from 3M that - in actual fact - supports data transfer rates even higher than those of the PCI-Express 3.0 standard, there is no need to be concerned about any reduction in speeds. Since the graphics card and the mini-ITX motherboard are installed back-to-back and could therefore potentially come into contact with one another, there is an isolating plastic film providing protection between both components and preventing short circuits. In terms of mounting the hardware, Daniel Hansen has also put a lot of thought into the installation process which means that unlike most other mini-cases, installation is made dramatically more comfortable.
An extensive service manual in German and English illustrates in clear and concise detail the correct approach and the installation sequence. The mini-gaming system's power supply is provided by a compact SFX unit or a longer SFX-L standard supply which sucks in air from above and exhausts warm air to the right-hand side. Behind the front panel a 2.5" storage device can be housed, while beneath the power supply either one (with an SFX-L format PSU) or two (with a SFX format PSU) further 2.5" SSDs/HDDs can be mounted in a drive enclosure. Motherboards with M.2 slots will have correspondingly larger storage drive capacities.
- Dimensions: 112 x 205 x 327 mm (W x H x D - with feet & side panel overhang)
- Dimensions: 112 x 200 x 317 mm (W x H x D - just chassis)
- Material: Aluminium (anodised, brushed)
- Material Thickness: 1.5 mm
- Weight: 1.25 kg
- Volume: 7.25 l
- Colour: Silver
- Form Factor: Mini-ITX
- Total Possible Fans:
- Drive Slots:
2x 2.5" (drive enclosure, max. 15 mm height, with SFX-L PSU only 1x possible)
1x 2.5" (behind the front panel, max. 9 mm height)
- Power Supply: SFX or SFX-L (optional)
- Expansion Slots: 2 (Dual-Slot)
1x USB 3.0 (internal connection)
- Special Feature: 3M PCIe 3.0 Riser module for GPU installation
- Maximum CPU Cooler Height: 48 mm
- Maximum GPU Length: 295 / 306 mm (without/incl. bracket)
- Maximum GPU Height: 144 mm (from the bottom of the PCIe slot)
- Maximum GPU Width: 40 / 45 mm (without/with backplate)
- Maximum RAM Module Height: 52 mm
- Maximum PSU Length: 130 mm
Note: Any available PCIe power connectors on the rear or the top of the graphics card must be taken into account!