+44 (0)1782 44 44 55
EK-RES X4 250 (R2.0) ReservoirEK-RES X4 (R2.0) is a large high-quality standalone cylindrical reservoir. The first major distinction from the RES X3 is its sheer size with 250mm in height and the use of 80mm wide borosilicate glass tube. This provides a vast volume which allows the reservoir to hold up to 0.8 liters of liquid. This updated (R2.0) version of the EK-RES X4 features a nickel plated brass pillar that holds the top and bottom part of the reservoir together. It can be disassembled much more easily as its predecessor with the enclosed Allen key.
The top and bottom are machined out of quality POM Acetal with added locking O-rings for the glass tube. This is not ordinary glass but borosilicate glass, which is known for having low thermal expansion characteristics. This makes it resistant to thermal shock and reduces material stresses caused by temperature gradients. The bottom POM Acetal part also has a prepared groove for LED strip installation. You can install almost any LED strip or you can add the enclosed white Bright Light-emitting LED strip. The position of the cable for the enclosed LED strip can be adjusted as desired and it is powered by a standard SATA power connector.
The EK-RES X4 (R2.0) has two mounting options, one for wall mount in the case, and a 120mm fan mount for a stand-up configuration. Both enclosed mounting mechanisms are made from nickel plated steel wire and offer very fast easy installation and orientation adjustment.
Furthermore, the unit is packed with multiple ports, it features a total of 8 ports! The top has two G1/4" threaded ports and one 3/8" threaded port, which is intended as a fill port. The bottom features no more than five G1/4" threaded ports - you will be able to really find the perfect orientation and port configuration! There are two front-facing ports, two at the bottom and one on the rear that can be perfect for a drain port, with or without an added ball valve.
The top POM Acetal part can be used as an inlet by using the enclosed 150mm EK-HD Tubes, that simply plug into the top and are held in place by an O-ring. Installing the hard tube prevents the effect of splashing and foaming inside the reservoir. In the case of horizontal positioning, you will be also able to utilize the EK-HD Tubes that can serve as suction and pressure ports inside the unit (as illustrated in the manual). The reservoir comes with a pre-installed flat non-restrictive Anticyclone plate at the bottom that prevents the unwanted swirling of the liquid.
- Installation height: 250mm
- Overall diameter: Ø 98mm
- Tube diameter: Ø 80mm
- Capacity: ~850mL
- EK-RES X4 250 reservoir with preinstalled Anticyclone
- Universal vertical reservoir holder
- 120mm fan hole pattern reservoir holder
- Pair of 150mm EK-HD Tubes and O-rings
- LED light strip (SATA power plug)
- Set of plugs and extenders
- Set of required Allen keys
- Necessary mounting screws, nuts, and washers
Important Please Read
- All the ports are recessed therefore it is mandatory to use the enclosed EK-Extender G1/4 (EAN: 3831109845165) with all the active ports.
- G3/8" port on the top is intended to be used only as a fill port.
- When using EK-Extender G1/4 make sure not to use fittings or barbs with G1/4 thread longer than 5mm! All EK-ACF and EK-HFB are compatible!
- When using ports #1 and #2 (front facing bottom ports) make sure not to use fittings or barbs with a diameter larger than 25mm! All EK-ACF, EK-HDC, and EK-HFB fittings are compatible!
- EK recommends the use of EK-ACF, EK-HFB or EK-HDC fittings. When using fittings other than EK-ACF or EK-HDC series, please use hose clamps or appropriate substitute to secure the tubing to the barb.
- When disassembling the reservoir it is mandatory to degrease the gaskets and the glass tube. The best is to use alcohol and a gentle cloth. Not following this recommendation may lead to leakage.
- The use of coolant with biocides and corrosion inhibiting additives is always recommended for any liquid cooling system.