• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Best AGP 4x Low-Profile Video Card?

Associate
Hi,

I need to put a graphics card into an old Dell OptiPlex GX260 desktop but it can only take the low-profile cards. Is there anything better than a XFX GeForce 6200 for an AGP 4x slot?

Associate
Got loads of GX240's, 260's, 270's and 280's at work. Have used either the GF6200 or the ATI 9250.

These cards do fine for work as they are only used for office based work and displaying the odd big Powerpoint presentation.

If I remember, the AGP slot is V2.0 (4x) and the PSU will be a limit as well so either of the 2 cards above will be near the top of the list of available cards.

What do you want to do with your PC ??? Games ???

Soldato
Hi,

I need to put a graphics card into an old Dell OptiPlex GX260 desktop but it can only take the low-profile cards. Is there anything better than a XFX GeForce 6200 for an AGP 4x slot?

Probably not, but even if there is its going to be difficult to find i imagine.

Associate
OP
It's my uni office machine but I've switched to teaching games design/programming (I know... no chance) and I've been told there's no money until next year for a new one. I just wanted to improve my current meager position as best as I'm able. Maybe I should start a fund?

Associate
For games design programming I would think a 6200 would be fine. It supports everything in way of features and is fast enough to be playing around with anything a student would be dealing with.

Back
Top Bottom