Firefox has reset itself?!?!

Associate
Hey, just signed up so go easy on me :D

OK, my PC crashed so i had to do a hard reboot........... I log into WindowsXP Home and load up Firefox to be greeted with the 'Import wizard' when you first install it.

Canceled that and got further to find all my favorites and history have VANISHED!! :o

Can anyone help me get them all back? Surely it auto backups up every now and again!??!

Any advice greatly appreciated

Soldato
Try going to Start > Run and type '%APPDATA%\Mozilla\Firefox' (WITHOUT THE QUOTES) then hit Enter/Return and see if there is a profile.

Browse through to the Profiles folder and navigate to folders in there looking for a file called Bookmarks.

Once found, open in Firefox and see if the links of your Bookmarks appear there.

If they are there, go to Bookmarks > Organise Bookmarks > File > Import and navigate to the file path.

Finding the file in the import wizard you need to point your wizard file browser to C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\PROFILE FOLDER\bookmarks.html

Hope this helps ;)

Swinnie

Last edited:
Soldato
Claimed...you can do that in any area of the forums right?

I recently had to do this as I installed a new OS, but wanted my old bookmarks. There will also be a folder on the C: drive around where has been stated called 'backup' and it'll be dated. This means you don't have to export your bookmarks every now and then to keep them if anything goes wrong. You can just tell it to import from there. :)

InvG

Back
Top Bottom