Subscribing to EDGE

Caporegime
Hello all,

When I started my T-Mobile contract last year I got a K800i which I could use 3G on and use web'n'walk - was handy and cool.

In October I bought an iPhone from the states, unlocked it, which happily works with my T-Mobile SIM.

Problem is to use any of the extras, like Mail, Maps, Stocks, Weather etc. I need to be connected to a Wifi because I'm not subscribed to EDGE.

I rang T-Mobile the other day and the guy claimed to have never heard of EDGE so couldn't help me any further.

On the iPhone it has a menu where you can type in the EDGE username and password. So I'm assuming that if I somehow subscribed with T-Mobile then I could punch in the details and voila, the extra software would start working wherever I was (providing I could get connected to EDGE obviously)

Can anyone tell me what I need to do to get subscribed to EDGE please? and what's the best way to go about it?

Many Thanks :)

EDIT: Don't worry folks a guy at work helped me - we googled for T-Mobiles WAP settings, punched those in and it started working :)

I've turned it off for the moment and I'll ring T-Mobile later to activate a data plan and all will be well! :D

Last edited:
Soldato
T-Mobile doesn't have an EDGE network in the UK. Your iPhone will fall back to GPRS.

If you've already got Web'n'Walk then you don't need to do anything else - it'll work with both 3G and GPRS.

Back
Top Bottom