Your thoughts on the Rolex Submariner with green bezel?

Soldato
Nice watches, but like others have said it tells the time just like any other watch, but in saying that if you have the money and the life style to match a classy watch like a rolex then go for it.

PS: Lend us a fiver!

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Ben to check out the extra one I found and it is mint.
Not enough time to do the deal as I needed to be somewhere else on family business in Warwick.
I have to say these watches keep their value pretty well, I saw a good condition black Sub that was 6 years old in a shop for only £500 less than a new one, scratches and all.
I'll sleep on it but there are 2 new green Subs within easy reaching distance. I need to compare both for minor scratches!!
Off to see Jaspar Carrott now, cheers
PeterT

Associate
my thoughts... well. it's a watch. it tells the time.

surely you have a mobile phone with the time on it. or are you looking to impress people with the fact you've spent oodles on a watch?

i think there's better to spend your money on. buy your big issue seller a christmas present. doesnt have to be a rolex. but a bacon sarny and a cuppa go a long way for someone who's perhaps not doing quite as well in life as you are. stop and have a chat with him/her. get some perspective.

Associate
OP
I have no need to impress any body.
Not smoking 20 cigarettes per day for 18 months pays for this watch. I do not smoke.
ALLI, do you make such comments to smokers as they are spending their money on tobacco rather than helping the homeless?
Do you stand outside Thomas Cook travel agents trying to pursuade people to think more wisely about spending £1000s on a holiday that may last a couple of weeks?
If you buy a new car for say £20,000 and then drive it out of the garage forecourt you have instantly lost £3500 which is the VAT. I realise that £20,000 is a lot to pay on a car but it is the point that I am trying to convey.
I bought a CRT TV 2 years ago for £500 as I did not think flat screen technology was advanced enough. The local TV shop offered me £25 for it last week. A loss of £475. What a waste of money.
As I aim to keep this watch for many years the watch will not really go down in value in comparison to many consumer items. If I keep it long enough it will even appreciate. The added bonus is that I have had the pleasure of owning it! Not just a fading tan as in the case of the holiday scenario or the cough or maybe worse after years of smoking.
I think that it is important to live within your means. Have a thought for the 1000s of people who are spending on credit over the festive period. It is the media that encourages them to accumulate vast debt. Many will be still paying for this Christmas next Christmas.

Regards, PeterT

Last edited:
Permabanned
What he said above really. My dad went ballistic when I bought my first Breitling, saying it was a waste of money.

Maybe it was, but when I pointed out he's smoked 40 a day for most of his life, and goes to the pub several times a week, he can obviously justify spending his money that way but I can't.

Yeah nice watches are a lot of money, but they also retain a lot of their value. Money spent in other ways is often just lost totally with very little to show for it.

I sold my Breitling (for not much less than i bought it for) and bought an Omega Speedmaster X-33, an expensive watch which is current issue for NASA astronauts. I like it for what it is, I certainly didn't buy it to flash around and impress people. In fact I took it off its titanium bracelet and wear it on a haggard looking NATO strap, so most people wouldn't realise it was worth anything unless they looked at it closely or knew their watches. :)

Don
Ben to check out the extra one I found and it is mint.
Not enough time to do the deal as I needed to be somewhere else on family business in Warwick.
I have to say these watches keep their value pretty well, I saw a good condition black Sub that was 6 years old in a shop for only £500 less than a new one, scratches and all.
I'll sleep on it but there are 2 new green Subs within easy reaching distance. I need to compare both for minor scratches!!
Off to see Jaspar Carrott now, cheers
PeterT

just take care with the price and don't belive the bull re avaialbiity, a used one should be about £2500 in perfect condition, new they can be had around the £2800 mark

Don
How about this one ?

rolexice01.jpg

rolexice07.jpg

Back
Top Bottom