do any insurers let you drive other cars if under 25?

GeX

GeX

Soldato
howdy

i'm hunting for new insurance atm, and would quite like to be able to drive other peoples cars. after delving into the many pdfs, and decoding the gibberish they speak in - i'm still not having much luck finding a company who'll let me.

does anyone know of any?

(i'm 23 btw)

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
Because I thought I did know what I was talking about ,I stand corrected !

Posting about things like this could potentially get people in trouble, you are covered for whatever you policy states you are covered for, best advice is to always read the policy wording.:)

GeX

GeX

Soldato
OP
it's a common misconception. i mentioned it when chatting some fellas at work and they all said the same thing. no need to go off the wall at someone about it though!

just got a quote from Bell and they're quite competitive and if they'll add DOC, then i think i found a winner.

cheers

Associate
Posting about things like this could potentially get people in trouble, you are covered for whatever you policy states you are covered for, best advice is to always read the policy wording.:)

++..but the onus is clearly on the person driving the vehicle.. Anybody stupid enough to not read their insurance documentation..etc etc

Slightly O/T - do insurers have an 'emergency' clause? For example if the need arose to use the car in the even of an emergency (not entirely sure what would constitute an emergency which would add a whole other bunch of issues!)

I've been with Liverpool Victoria, well Frizell for the last 5 years and every year they've beaten any other quotes I've received...

Tom*

Man of Honour
Nope don't think any insurance will have emergencys.

however if someone was injured and unless they got to hospital in 10mins. And you where a 2min car drive away. I expect the police would let you of if caught unisured.

Back
Top Bottom