Passed my test!

Associate
so i passed my test this morning, first time, 4 minors and im chuffed to say the least!

but that was ruined by Quinn Direct who have told me that my premium goes up as i am now a risk to myself! fair enough, i understand that there was gonna be an increase! then he tells me how much its gonna cost me! an extra £800. Daylight robbery.

ive just done some quotes for myself and come back with a quote for £1065!! where as quinn are quoting me....wait for it.... £2215!!! ON A 1.3L FORD KA!!!!

SO! now i need to cancel my current policy but not sure how i should go about it! and even if i can present them with numerous quotes for less than half they offer and see what they can offer me!

I know i have to give some notice for cancellation, and im paying monthly, so i dont know how that works out! im just so angry by that shocking qoute!!

any help is appreciated guys....did i mention i passed my test this morning!? :D :D:D

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
1) Well done, drive safely.

2) Phone up quinn and tell them to **** off at that money, thats rediculous! They will work out a daily rate and may charge an early cancellation fee, but it wont be much.

3) Insure vehicle and pay in one go, paying monthly for insurance is for retarded people. The rates are more of a robbery than the insurance itself.

Soldato
Phone your insurers and tell them about the other quote, and say you'll leave them if they can't match it.

If they won't match, tell them you want to cancel. They'll ask when you want it to be stopped and you'll have to pay a cancellation fee (normally £50).

InvG

Soldato
3) Insure vehicle and pay in one go, paying monthly for insurance is for retarded people. The rates are more of a robbery than the insurance itself.

Not really. I can't afford to pay £1500 up front, but can afford it over time...if I could pay up front I would mind. :)

Oh and yeh, well done on passing.

InvG

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
Not really. I can't afford to pay £1500 up front, but can afford it over time...if I could pay up front I would mind. :)

Why have you not bought it on a 0% credit card, or even worst case scenario a 7% bank loan? The loan your insurance company have given you is probably at around 20% or something obsurd.

Soldato
Why have you not bought it on a 0% credit card, or even worst case scenario a 7% bank loan? The loan your insurance company have given you is probably at around 20% or something obsurd.

Not actually running a car at the moment.

But I have enough debt being a student as it is without having a credit card, as having one would make me want to use the money I don't have on that as well as my overdrafts, so I'd rather pay the little extra to save time, effort and my chances of becoming screwed with debt. :)

InvG

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
So you are paying extra every month due to being bad at managing money.

See - retard tax :) (i mean retard in a light heared way obviously :p)

Associate
OP
thanks guys! yeh just been reading up! i have to stick with them for the next month as the payment goes out 2moro but i shall ring them and cancel after that! jokers! i thought summit was too good to be true! lol

website says they charge 35pound plus a rate for the length of the policy, which is only 5 months so shouldnt be too bad! looks like its gonna be an expensive time! tax is due next month too!

Soldato
So you are paying extra every month due to being bad at managing money.

See - retard tax :) (i mean retard in a light heared way obviously :p)

:p

Getting £2k every 3 months from the government (student loans and grants totalled up) means £1500 insurance (damn stupid accidents :p) would leave me with £500 for all my household bills...and food, and then there is fuel....hmmm :p

Anyway, my finances are waaaaaay off topic. :p

Oh, OP...I hope by your name you are female...men plus Ford Kas = bad. :p

InvG

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
thanks guys! yeh just been reading up! i have to stick with them for the next month as the payment goes out 2moro but i shall ring them and cancel after that! jokers! i thought summit was too good to be true! lol

website says they charge 35pound plus a rate for the length of the policy, which is only 5 months so shouldnt be too bad! looks like its gonna be an expensive time! tax is due next month too!

Being a woman, have you tried Diamond insurance? www.diamond.co.uk

They are amazing for my girlfriend, she pays less than a grand (she is 23) for comp on a £40,000 Porsche with them, no no claims bonus either :)

GT3

GT3

Soldato
I'm with quinn direct and pay monthly. For the sake of the 29 quid (just looked on my policy) it costs extra for the whole year is it really worth paying the whole lot up front and risk not getting it back if you wish to cancel. Let alone buggering around with loans and credit cards.

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
as far as i know you have to be 21 to get insured with them. im 6 months away from that! maybe next time

edit: oh wait, they quoted me £1333

Oh well, worth a go. Seems strangely expensive but i guess they dont like really young people :)

Soldato
Not actually running a car at the moment.

But I have enough debt being a student as it is without having a credit card, as having one would make me want to use the money I don't have on that as well as my overdrafts, so I'd rather pay the little extra to save time, effort and my chances of becoming screwed with debt. :)

InvG

Once you've used it to buy your insurance destroy the card or freeze it into a block of ice. And then just keep paying the bills for 12 months when you can then cancel it.

You'll be borrowing the same amount of money whatever.

GT3

GT3

Soldato
But once you've paid your insurance company the full amount, if you decide half way through the policy to change company or god forbid write off your car. Getting any money back off them will be a mission. Paying monthly just means you lose your deposit which is usually 2 months.

Back
Top Bottom