*** Grand Theft Auto IV - The Official Thread ***

Associate
I'm angry as I pre ordered so I knew I would have a copy on Tuesday and wouldn't have to go out and collect it, it would be delivered. Now people have been going out to Supermarkets and stuff buying copies, while I have to wait over the weekend and hope at least I get it maybe monday. In emails I am told:

Retailer said:
By using the **** Service you have ensured that you will be among the first people to receive Grand Theft Auto IV Special Edition, and we are confident that you will be happy with the order, our service and our speedy delivery!

Well no, I won't be one of the first. The fact that I pre ordered has stopped me going out today to buy it as I know it has been despatched and as it is a special edition I can't buy the normal game then sell the special edition when it comes because I want it :mad:.

Soldato
Apparently the "dispatched" order status from that retailer is false, its just there to shut people up, if you search your tracking number on the parcelforce site you will see it doesnt exist yet, and apparently if you phone them up they say they arent sending any untill monday due to contracts.

Soldato
Apparently the "dispatched" order status from that retailer is false, its just there to shut people up, if you search your tracking number on the parcelforce site you will see it doesnt exist yet, and apparently if you phone them up they say they arent sending any untill monday due to contracts.

The tracking doesnt work until they've reached a PF hub.

Associate
That's the last time i pre order a game from anywhere i think. Think i'll wait really close to the release dates to see if stuff like this happens again.

Edit: Why the friging hell is there a spoiler thread? That crud should be removed.

Guy

Guy

Associate
Yesterday everyone was excited at maybe getting the game with the mid night runs, guess there isnt much to talk about without spoilers...

Soldato
That's the last time i pre order a game from anywhere i think. Think i'll wait really close to the release dates to see if stuff like this happens again.

Edit: Why the friging hell is there a spoiler thread? That crud should be removed.

Why on earth should it be removed? You can't talk about the game in this one. Just don't go in there until your game arrives :D

Associate
Some of you are so pathetic. The game is 'Officially' released on tuesday and your crying that your pre-order due for that day hasn't arrived yet. Shame on you.... Also in regards to the spoiler thread; wtf base. It cleary says its a spoiler thread, so don't go in it if you don't want to be spoiled. Same goes for lost ;)

Permabanned
Managed to get one from my local small shop, he said that his shop and a few other local small shops have been having a competition too see who can sell the most before release, haha.

Anyway whats the deal with going online, i hear people are getting banned, any truth to this ?

I heard its true,just dont go online till tuesday tbh

Caporegime
I dont think it matters does it? doesn't the console record when games have been played so it could be retroactively applied? I dont see them banning people tbh, I was playing Halo 3 online the day before release (legit preorder of course) and nothing happened

Back
Top Bottom