Excited D3 Owner thinks he understands the term "weatherproofing"

Sic

Sic

Soldato
Why all the hate :confused: A better use of £4,000 than gambling it drinking it snorting it or smoking it like most people do

that's a matter of opinion, surely?! If you like gambling/drinking/smoking/snorting/trashing camera equipment then that's your choice!

I have always spoken nicely to you so just remember when I get in trouble with my doctor...I'm first on your kidney list!

you can have bringerofdecay's - reckon I'm onto a winner there!

Caporegime
Watched a couple of his others...I'm guessing he is a rich boy who has money to burn (i.e. his parents) and so just burns random things for "fun"

I'd still like to punch in the face though.

hard.

33L

33L

Associate
hes a moron and end of really! im sure Nikon are quite capable of doing there own dustrution tests!

but yes some harm needs to come to that man! knee cap him.

Associate
It's worth seeing because everyone thinks they're cameras are extremely delicate pieces of equipment. They're not.

My D50 has had a sea-wave over it (salt), rainforest rain (drenched), drops and a million knocks. Any problems? No.

And the mid-range owners still wrap up their cameras in the slightest drizzle /rolleyes.

Soldato
It's worth seeing because everyone thinks they're cameras are extremely delicate pieces of equipment. They're not.

My D50 has had a sea-wave over it (salt), rainforest rain (drenched), drops and a million knocks. Any problems? No.

And the mid-range owners still wrap up their cameras in the slightest drizzle /rolleyes.

So Im going to expose £1500 of equipment to weather it doesn't have to deal with?

No, of course im not! AND a 40D is partially weather proof compared to your D50!

No way does that deserve a roll eyes in our direction. Infact I think you deserve it!

Last edited:

Well I am sorry to rain on your parade but I have lost a 20D due to it getting rained on whilst photographing a motor sport event.

It took 6 months for the water that leaked into the camera to grow corrosion over my PCB and data cables. The repair company emailed photos of the damage.

My 30D will no longer meter light and will error after the shutter is fired 80% of the time..

The 20 and 30D are better protected from water than your D50 and I am sorry to inform you that sea water is pretty much one of the worst things you can soak any electrical device in.

I hope you have a considerable luck and advise you to better protect your gear on future outings.

Associate
Well, the wave was a surprise to me and the camera, I'm very aware metal+salt+water+electricity does no good to anyone but rust. I should point out that there is no corrosion in the flash mechanism or hot shoe. Fingers crossed that water seepage doesn't crop up, but the rainforest was 10 months ago now so it should be alright. Maybe it's a Nikon thing.

I'm not suggesting people destroy their cameras on purpose, but rather a change in thinking that they're made of crepe paper.

tbs

tbs

Associate
hes actually a alright photographer, and hes has a scholorship or something to one of the top unis in america, also hes apparently established in some magazines...

dont judge him before you know about someone. i actually first he was just a idiot, but until i saw his other videos and website (i think he has one) hes actually done some stuff with his equipment

Okay next time I see a father cover a baby in apple sauce, drop it from a great height to test "gods mighty design" and pretend to microwave it I will think twice before calling him a bad father.

I don't care what good stuff he has done or what he's credited for I just find his videos on the D3 pointless and appalling. Sure he might think I am pointless and appalling at times too but I would imagine he would say the same about me If I was.

World keeps on spinning ;)

Associate
I think it's better that the video exists rather than not exist.

Maybe you critics would have a point if Nikon published data on their durability tests, but as far as I know they don't. Therefore it aids society as a whole and should not be criticised. I think it showcases the wonders of today's engineering and I don't understand everyone's aggression towards the tests.

The point of my 1st post was that he was proving the camera is waterproof when in fact it is not. Its "weather proof".

believe me if you poured water over that for long enough or got very unlucky it would ruin it in no time.

The day it rains apple sauce I will eat my words.

Back
Top Bottom