So I've won a Porsche 911 for August...

Associate
Hey folks,

I'm 22 and in my first job and thanks to great customer satisfaction I've ended up winning a Porsche 911 for a month! I'm waiting to get more details about engine size etc but I know it's done around 30,000 miles and is the older style 2004 model (before they seperated the indicators from the headlights).

My car history to date is a 1.9 Diesel Citroen ZX (180k miles!!) and a 1.2 Petrol Fiat Puno (60k miles!). It's getting serviced and I'll be driving it from early August. (So i'm almost terrified!!)

Anyone got any ideas on fun stuff to do in it other than visit all my mates and try and kid them it's my new motor?

Anyone know anywhere I can get onto a disused runway or something and really lash it a bit?

Cheers,

Rick

Soldato
sorry to sound boring, but take it careful and dont get to carried away.

going from those cars to porsche is going to be a major change. Its also rwd and rear engined, if you dont know how the handling charcteristics differ from fwd cars then really dont push it too hard!

well done though and have good fun with it!

Associate
OP
They've got me doing a days advanced driving course the day I pick it up, hour or so of theory and then most of the day with an instructor!

The other folks who've won it before said the training day is great (on a sat though!) (The company owns the car and gives it out every month)

Havn't driven since I sold the puno for 500 quid two months ago!!

Man of Honour
It's not quite a Punto 1.2 but its not bad. As has been said don't try and drive it like a 1.2 Punto or else you will die................glouriously mind. :D

Enjoy it, they are great cars!

Soldato
Cor that is a fantastic prize, just respect it though, it could certainly kill you if you dont. Just lot of nights out on the pull or maybe try to blag some test drives in similar marques if I were you :p might as well maximise the experience.

P.S what company do you work for?

Back
Top Bottom