A game that truly inspired you?

Associate
Seriously?

Wasn't CoD 4's entire story just about the current conflict in the middle east? Not exactly a ground breaking story.

yea - but it was the way it was told, the sense of emergency about it, and futility -esp from the American point of view, when it became obvious it was a distraction for the real war. the last mission for the Yanks was really atmospheric and ultimately futile.

It got me anyway.

The final mission of the game at the very end was just inspired. They managed to finally nail the feeling of - 'I am in this movie'.

Brilliant.

Soldato
Yeah, 'inspire' is used when it prompts you to go out and do something, like join the army or take up martial arts or something.

Most a game has ever inspired me to do is have another go :p

uv

uv

Soldato
Yeah, 'inspire' is used when it prompts you to go out and do something, like join the army or take up martial arts or something.

Most a game has ever inspired me to do is have another go :p

Then.. I guess PaperBoy counts when I was kid - it made me think getting a paper round would be a good idea :p

Soldato
Bioshock, I'm contemplating making an underwater city now. BEST IDEA EVER !

Oh and big daddy body guards, cuz lets be honest the place would me a much better one with big daddies in it

Soldato
I wish these threads would have a more explicitly stated scope, otherwise they just turn into another "My top 3 games" threads. Anyway, the one game which really made me sit up and take notice was Ultima Online back in 1999. It must have been good because I didn't buy or play *any* other game for 2 years because of it. I'd call it the grand father of all the subsequent MMO's and as such it inspired a genre. Shame it is a load of old rubbish now though.

Soldato
imo what is the point of the thread tbh, Inspire ? does that mean inspire other games inspire you to play other games, inspire you to hate other games, inspire you to change you way of living (which imo is a bad thing) inspire you to be better at games ?

I dont really get it games are played for fun, heck its even become an (E)sport !

So its no wonder the thread will just end up with a top 3 count. Cuz there is no really detail to the question :)

Back
Top Bottom