FARCRY 2 --- Officially , official of official threads! ---

Soldato
I hate it when you put up with a sub-standard game such as this and then get hit with an ending that is even worse!

COD4 has a great ending that really knocked my for 6

COD5 tried similar but didnt quite do it for me like COD 4 did

Far Cry Im afraid I will never know becauset he whole game is too irritatingly boring for me to even want to bother with.

Caporegime
Personally I thought the ending was really good, and the whole section leading up to it.

COD4 ending good? Dont make I laugh..

HAH.

What was wrong with it?

The whole game made me want to play the thing till the end. Even with the sniper level kicking my behind.

Far Cry 2 on the other hand, I haven't touched it in two weeks now.

Just because I know the next mission is going to be 'drive here, kill this /steal that, come back - rinse and repeat'.

Soldato
Personally I thought the ending was really good, and the whole section leading up to it.

COD4 ending good? Dont make I laugh..

Dont make I laugh?

Erm, ok?

Ok, fine some people dont get the game, others do.

I mean that you lose a friend, someone with whom oyu have built up a rapport with, a comrade and the feeling off total loss near the end... Its that feeling that you just dont get in 99% of games.

I suppose I end to get into games and therefore enjoy them more.

Soldato
1 question: at the end i picked the briefcase of diamonds 'yeah take the money and run thats my style' but what happens if you pick the battery??? i deleted all my prev saves so cant redo this bit again :(

EDIT: they need to make a far cry 3 so i can get this dam malaria sorted out :p i got so into this game that i now feel that i have malaria :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Last edited:
Soldato
How long is it?

gamespot quote 30 hours, according to xfire this game took me 29 hours... THEY WERE RIGHT, but it could have taken a lot longer if i did all the sub-missions, like the gunshop ones and the mobile phone mast thing... whats with that you walk upto a phone mast or whatever it is 'hack it' 'sort of' and the guy gives you a mission :confused:

Soldato
Dont make I laugh?

Erm, ok?

Ok, fine some people dont get the game, others do.

I mean that you lose a friend, someone with whom oyu have built up a rapport with, a comrade and the feeling off total loss near the end... Its that feeling that you just dont get in 99% of games.

I suppose I end to get into games and therefore enjoy them more.

Really there is no need to correct my grammar, I’m perfectly aware of how I should type that if I was talking proper like…

Okay it wasn’t a bad ending, I just wouldn’t hold it up as an example of a great ending.

Soldato
1 question: at the end i picked the briefcase of diamonds 'yeah take the money and run thats my style' but what happens if you pick the battery??? i deleted all my prev saves so cant redo this bit again :(

Its basically the same, except you do the bit with the battery that he tells you he is off to do, but the same outcome.

Soldato
Really there is no need to correct my grammar, I’m perfectly aware of how I should type that if I was talking proper like…

Okay it wasn’t a bad ending, I just wouldn’t hold it up as an example of a great ending.

IF I WAS TALKING PROPER LIKE?

Ok, I wont correct your gammar, but come on...

If you aint never not talked like that then you wont never learn, or nuffink.

LOL

Ok then perhaps it was not the best ending of a game, but I would have it as a great example for the feel of it.

Im talking about the whole experience rather than just any one thing in particular.

I also kind of like the endings to the WarHammer 40K Dawn Of War games... They are fun.

Id like to know what you would call a good ending to a game?

Associate
Well, 35 hours of play later, spread over 24 days, I'm finished.

6,400 rounds fired, with 35% accuracy, so guess I wasted over 2,000 bad guys.

Walked 167 km apparently, 27 more than I drove!

It wasn't a bad game - standard complaints that have already been pointed out are all valid.

What to get next, thats the question...not sure I have the ability to play Dead Space without having a heart attack...

Soldato
IF I WAS TALKING PROPER LIKE?

Ok, I wont correct your gammar, but come on...

If you aint never not talked like that then you wont never learn, or nuffink.

LOL

Ok then perhaps it was not the best ending of a game, but I would have it as a great example for the feel of it.

Im talking about the whole experience rather than just any one thing in particular.

I also kind of like the endings to the WarHammer 40K Dawn Of War games... They are fun.

Id like to know what you would call a good ending to a game?

Sorry, I’m from the west country. :p

Yeah to be fair I guess COD4 was quite good. The Far Cry 2 ending was certainly nothing special, I was just pleasantly surprised as so many people had said it was absolute rubbish.

As for what I thinks good, I’m actually struggling to think of an example, I’d like to say the twist in Bioshock although I know that’s not the ending as such.

Man of Honour
Well, 35 hours of play later, spread over 24 days, I'm finished.

6,400 rounds fired, with 35% accuracy, so guess I wasted over 2,000 bad guys.
That'd only be the case if you got one shot kills, which I doubt :)

Walked 167 km apparently, 27 more than I drove!

Glad to see someone else walked a long way, just checked my savegame (had to give up due to the goddamned 88% bug - this is the buggiest game I've played in years!) and after 19:42 I've done 118km on foot, 170km in vehicles and swum 2km. Should be noted that in the early part of the game that was more like a 1:1 ratio, I seem to have been driving about a lot more lately.

Soldato
I think I'm going to end up walking more now that they've started giving me cars with grenade launchers on. I seem to insist on trying to shoot enemy cars that drive into me with them.

Soldato
i don't want to give up on this, but it's so dull! i'm only 20% in and just don't enjoy it, you get a mission and then have to drive the whole lengh of the map to do what is always the same thing....... Kill

please say it gets better

Back
Top Bottom