FARCRY 2 --- Officially , official of official threads! ---

Soldato
booo!

you look at something like GTA4, ok not eveyone likes that as a game, but the million things you can do on route to a mission are incredible, then farcry2 well all you can do is drive a slow arse jeep and kill the same dumb AI dudes at the same check points you cleared a million times!

Soldato
i don't want to give up on this, but it's so dull! i'm only 20% in and just don't enjoy it, you get a mission and then have to drive the whole lengh of the map to do what is always the same thing....... Kill

please say it gets better

Use the bus. Yep there is still a lot of driving involved but you should never need to drive from one side of the map to the other.

Surprised how much people have walked, gonna check my stats tonight but I very rarely found myself without transport.

Associate
That'd only be the case if you got one shot kills, which I doubt :)

Very true. Although from the moment I picked up the old bolt action sniper rifle in my first hour of play, I didn't do a mission without a long range weapon. So plenty of bad guys deaded with one shot. But prob not as much as 35% of my shots fired, you are right.

not used the bus, but they look like there miles away a lot of the time too

I couldn't have got through the game without the buses. Not so much because they plonk you right next to your missions target, but more because they get you close enough that you don't have to deal with the annoying respawns at each checkpoint etc. Although more often than not one of the bus stops is a stones throw from your target.

Soldato
I couldn't have got through the game without the buses. Not so much because they plonk you right next to your missions target, but more because they get you close enough that you don't have to deal with the annoying respawns at each checkpoint etc. Although more often than not one of the bus stops is a stones throw from your target.

* Hopes for mod to add twice as many bus stops in-game* :p

Also, wouldnt it have been fun.... if just occasionally.... your bus fell over a cliff, broke down, or got ambushed??? :D

Soldato
Still yet to buy this game, need to; looks good, really enjoyed the first one. Although if I'd waited a while I would have got a free copy when I bought my CPU from OC, d'oh! lol

There a demo for it yet?

Soldato
Please please please dont for the love of god, think that this game has anything at all to do with the original!!!

Wait... There is a bit of jungle in it... And some guns and stuff.

Oh, so its does have something in common with the original after all??

Except the original was good.

Caporegime
Please please please dont for the love of god, think that this game has anything at all to do with the original!!!

Wait... There is a bit of jungle in it... And some guns and stuff.

Oh, so its does have something in common with the original after all??

Except the original was good.

untill the stupid little mutant thing's came about.

Although it was amusing.

Soldato
jamdeaabc.jpg

Back
Top Bottom