• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

What is your VID Rating - Q6600 Post here!!!!

Associate
What is your VID Rating!!??

Intel Core 2 Quad Pro Q6600 "Energy Efficient SLACR 95W Edition 2.40Ghz"

Mine is 1.3250

(i thought this was very high and the reason i could not oc more but my friends is the same and he got his to 3.3Ghz)

I cant get it stable anywhere past 3.096ghz. (Prime 95)

With this setup from overclockers

Overclocked Bundle ** Abit IP35 Pro XE Motherboard / Intel Q6600 Quad Core @ 3.20Ghz / 2GB (2x1GB) OCZ PC-8500 RAM / Freezer 7 Pro CPU Cooler

Windows 64bit
HIS Ati Radion HD 4870 512MB
2x1gb Nvidia SLI Ram 2.2volts 5-5-5-15
500gb HDD
Akasa AK-P010FG-BK 1000W PowerMax PSU <---OVERKILL

Thanks for all feedback in advance!

Craig!

Happy Christmas :)

Caporegime
Mine is around 1.32 I think, in fact I'm sure it is. 1.32xx. I take it that's what you change when you need to start pushing more voltage through?

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
hi there - give us a call tomorrow and we will see if we can help

my old q6600 does 3.6 with a vid of 1.325

some of the more recent chips dont clock very high even ones with low VIDs

Associate
Note the measured CPU Volts ... this chip will do over 3.2 GHz at the VID so I am satisfied with this one! I ordered one for a mate at the same time from OcUK (129+VAT) nearly a year ago and his is even better with slightly better and more even temps and same VID so I assume from the same batch.

36vidmg1.jpg

Caporegime
Very nice, dont see to many theese days that clock as well as that:) would love a nice lowish vid one to see if i could get any higher than my current one, as i think ive eeked the last few mhz out of it:D

Last edited:
Associate
I tried mine to 4.0?? GHz just after I got it with a couple of Deltas on the TRUE then settled on 3.8GHz with quieter fans ... Since I started using my PC for work as well as pleasure I have toned the clock down a bit again to 3.6 .... Now that the weather is colder again I may see just what it can do with the Deltas back on there :D

Or - I could just attach my 120.3 rad and try that. I needed the water for my previous rig (Opty 165) but I doubt it'll make much difference to this

Caporegime
I tried mine to 4.0?? GHz just after I got it with a couple of Deltas on the TRUE then settled on 3.8GHz with quieter fans ... Since I started using my PC for work as well as pleasure I have toned the clock down a bit again to 3.6 .... Now that the weather is colder again I may see just what it can do with the Deltas back on there :D

Or - I could just attach my 120.3 rad and try that. I needed the water for my previous rig (Opty 165) but I doubt it'll make much difference to this
Ive seen pneumonics build with the delta fans, (crazy noise):D. i run a pair of sharkoon 2000 rpms on a lapped TRUE and cpu combo, not to bad noise wise, run the rig most of the time at 3.0ghz on stock volts. Look forward to seeing if you push it any further as like you said, the colder weather certainly helps on a high clocked quad:)

Back
Top Bottom