[Weekend Steam Deal] S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl for £3.49

Soldato
It's pretty much like any game of this type. If you like FPS with action all the time e.g Half Life 2, Doom 3 etc then you won't like it.

If you like longer game FPS where you have to think how you approach situations e.g Far Cry, Deus Ex etc then this is the game for you!

Soldato
ah don't worry mate :)

I bought it on there website, i just need to wait till i get home to instal it ;)

I only bought it cos it was so darn cheap, it will not be installed till 2009 in january when i Format my PC :)

Associate
I've got Stalker but my CD is wrecked and never got around to playing it. Will Steam let me add the CD code and download it?

Permabanned
I've got Stalker but my CD is wrecked and never got around to playing it. Will Steam let me add the CD code and download it?

Doubtful. When you bought it you obviously won't have paid Valve anything so they would be letting you use their bandwidth for free.

Soldato
Doubtful. When you bought it you obviously won't have paid Valve anything so they would be letting you use their bandwidth for free.

i bought Dark Messiah of Might & Magic retail box beards ago but the DVD is knackered, STEAM let me enter the serial and download the game so it is possible with some software.. Open steam and click on the games tab top left, enter serials via there .. no harm in trying but i cant confirm STALKER works like DMM&M

OT: Im running the game maxed out and its rather good looking yet the mouse seems to lag now and then, ive heard theres loads of good MODS and scripts for STALKER so anyone know any decent sites?

Caporegime
Do the mods work with Steam? Have had problems in the past buying a steam game and using mods.

Not really seen much about this game but at the price of a large coffee its worth the risk.

Soldato
Had tried playing this a while back when I borrowed it from a friend (yes, really), but couldn't get into it as it's not really my type of game. With it being so cheap on Steam I figured I'd give it another try. I'm just arriving at the Bar, and I'm thorougly enjoying it! I went in with an open mind this time, and while I still feel it's not my prefered style of game, I'm really getting into it.

Back
Top Bottom