FARCRY 2 --- Officially , official of official threads! ---

Soldato
Any chance of mailing/msn'ing me the last couple of working saves you have mate?

I'm determined to finish this game!

Because I've generally only used the top three saves in this game, after 73%, my next save is 8% :eek:

Cheers.

Just emailed you a file mate, hope its the right one.... seriously, how hard could it have been to name/number the files?? :rolleyes:

Soldato
This might be a dumb question but what is an "Online key"?
I am trying to play Farcry 2 online and when I try to create a profile it asks for my username and pass (which I entered) and an online key.
I tried my CD Key and it doesn't work... where do I key an online key from?

Soldato
Have you got a ubisoft account?

You need to create one in order to register it online.

Another thing I have just noticed is the FC2 website is down and there is no multiplayer servers online either. It just says 'problem with the far cry 2 server' :confused:

Anyone else having this problem?

Soldato
FC2 1.02 patch now available. :)

STEAM users: Please wait until the patch is available through Steam.

General

- Added triple-header support to the game.
- A widescreen option has been added and can be enabled in the display options menu.
- Fixed certain characters that weren't allowed during profile creation (- . _ ,)

Multiplayer

Game options

- In ranked matches, players can now play more than one match on the same host.
- Fixed the direct join by IP functionality.
- Players can now filter the server list using different parameters (ping, PunkBuster, game mode, dedicated, server name, number of players, ranked/unranked).
- It is now possible to conduct a multiplayer match search from the map leader board.
- Added the minimum number of players in the host options.
- Added the player's death count in the scoreboard.
- The host can now set the respawn time in advanced options, for player matches only.
- The host can now set the starting rank of all players in the match, in advanced options, for player matches only.
- The ping system has been improved to display a more accurate result.
- It is now possible to add a clan name to the player’s name through the use_clan_tag console command.
- Added quickmatch to the map download screen.

Gameplay

- The VIP is shown on the scoreboard, for your team only.
- The scoreboard is now displayed by the highest XP points to the lowest.
- The IEDs are now destructible by shooting on them or throwing a grenade close to them.
- The distance from a wounded teammate is now displayed.

As always, a patch generate a lot of comments and reactions, so feel free to share your feedback with us!

Note : In case you have trouble with the auto updater you can use a manual install using one of the following links:

http://static3.cdn.ubi.com/far_cry_2/far_cry_2_1.02.exe

http://www.worthdownloading.com/game.php?gid=2824

http://www.clubic.com/patch-jeux-video-8944-0-far-cry-2.html

http://www.jeuxvideo.fr/jeux/far-cry-2/patch.html

http://www.fileshack.com/file.x/13229/Far+Cry+2+Retail+1.02+Patch

http://files.filefront.com/Far+Cry+2+v102+Patch/;12683465;/fileinfo.html

If anyone can actually get online with the game after installing this patch, you may receive a message saying' incorrect username and password'.

As the website has only just come back online, there is no word of why it does this yet.

Edit: Apparently the support team are working on it now.

Soldato
Have you got a ubisoft account?

You need to create one in order to register it online.

Another thing I have just noticed is the FC2 website is down and there is no multiplayer servers online either. It just says 'problem with the far cry 2 server' :confused:

Anyone else having this problem?

Yes, I created a Ubisoft account at Ubi.com and I enter my username and password but where do I get an Online key from? :confused:

Soldato
well i just finished the game and i thought the ending was a bit pants, i choosed to "take the diamonds" and i was at least expecting to confront the jackal for one last time. But no, just credits which were boring to watch. And then it turns out i cant even go back into the game unless i want to start a whole new story. I was at least expecting to be able to go back and get diamonds/weapons i didnt have. but no.

Overall: i thought it was okay, the game is pretty long and its lasted me a few weeks of playing and i play a couple of a hours a week.

Graphics: Good and everything ran well.

Gameplay: a bit dire to be honest but not bad. could have been more variety.

And theres more but im not going to go into this now.

I can safely say that i will be unistalling the game (got it off steam) but i dont think i will come back to it for some time. MP just fails to work so thats pointless.

Finally, can anyone tell me *spoiler* what would have happened if i went and killed someone in the city rather than kill the leader like with greaves or whats his name (i forget) vorhees?

Associate
Finally, can anyone tell me *spoiler* what would have happened if i went and killed someone in the city rather than kill the leader like with greaves or whats his name (i forget) vorhees?

**SPOILER**

In the missions just preceding the jackal missions, when you are given the choice of assassinating either or both the leaders.
If you go to the city instead of killing both, you do just as the leaders promised. One leaves the shutters open so you can snipe them from a rooftop, the other lets you in with guns to rip apart the leader.

Unless you mean the final 2 leaders you are sent to kill by the jackal (but I thought you couldn't get back to the city?)

XPE

XPE

Soldato
What is the point in giving any choices in this game if it just turns out the same !!!

It just seems pointless.

Soldato
What is the point in giving any choices in this game if it just turns out the same !!!

It just seems pointless.

Yeah i see what your getting at, i made the choice on the first map to help out my mates at Mikes bar instead of going to the church. I know for a fact that all my mates died in the bar and i was last guy standing. Then towards the end portion of the game, all of a sudden they double cross me :mad:

XPE

XPE

Soldato
Well due to a massive bug i had to start the game all over again like you went and save my buddies the 1st time so the 2nd time i went to the church and it ending the same bloody way.

And the bit near the end just @%$#ed me off even more, i mean whats the point of buddies system if that happens, id rather they just didnt give you the choice like so many other game :mad:

Soldato
buddy-1.jpg

He came back from the dead at the end :eek:

Man of Honour
I've not searched through the hundreds of posts so excuse me if this has been asked, but I've come to a point where I need to decide whether to save my buddy from execution at Mikes bar or save the priest in Pala. However, I'm undecided? If the priest gets killed, then I can't get any more pills.. Right?

Soldato
I've not searched through the hundreds of posts so excuse me if this has been asked, but I've come to a point where I need to decide whether to save my buddy from execution at Mikes bar or save the priest in Pala. However, I'm undecided? If the priest gets killed, then I can't get any more pills.. Right?

Just take your pick, it doesnt have any consequences - one of my main gripes about the game, there basically isnt any consequence for anything, theres a way to get malaria medicine in the 2nd half of the game as well.

Back
Top Bottom