Tell me about RX8s (231BHP)

Associate
rx8's are good.

if you want to stop them flooding....read the manual.

there plenty fast enough to have fun in the twisties. Tbh straight line speed doesn't excite me. They'll easily do 120 so they're hardly too slow on that front, unless you need to be hitting 160 on the motorway....

only problem with them imo is the thirst for petrol but if you can afford to buy an 8K+ car and your not doing a high milage i cant see it being a real issue. All round a good car, cant see how anyone could really use their full potential on uk roads either.

Associate
rx8's are good.

if you want to stop them flooding....read the manual.

there plenty fast enough to have fun in the twisties. Tbh straight line speed doesn't excite me. They'll easily do 120 so they're hardly too slow on that front, unless you need to be hitting 160 on the motorway....

only problem with them imo is the thirst for petrol but if you can afford to buy an 8K+ car and your not doing a high milage i cant see it being a real issue. All round a good car, cant see how anyone could really use their full potential on uk roads either.

good thing i'm driving down to alicante next year then :)

Associate
The pre-facelift DC5 looks fairly old now :/ The rear especially. The RX8 is still a great looking car .

I disagree, I think the rx8 is a very awkward looking car and really dont get on with the rear doors. Also, I presonally like the pre facelift DC5 more than the more generic honda looking post facelift :p

olv

olv

Soldato
Conanius said:
heaven forbid that you could..... control the throttle

my point is that power oversteer is a lot of fun and with a fwd car you dont even get the choice, so therefore it is a perfectly valid requirement to want a rwd car. Not because RWD is faster, or will handle better than FWD or blah blah blah. I'm perfectly aware the good FWD can be astonishingly fast.

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
You can still play with oversteer in a FWD car. Granted, not in the same way as a RWD, but you can still have fun hanging the arse out.

Soldato
my point is that power oversteer is a lot of fun and with a fwd car you dont even get the choice, so therefore it is a perfectly valid requirement to want a rwd car. Not because RWD is faster, or will handle better than FWD or blah blah blah. I'm perfectly aware the good FWD can be astonishingly fast.

But my point is.... realistically... how often are you going to get the arse out in any sort of prolonged decent event on the roads... reality is not very often at all. So unless your going to be doing drift club at a monthly event at a circuit you dont really have any justification for saying OMG RWD LOLZ PLZ

Associate
But my point is.... realistically... how often are you going to get the arse out in any sort of prolonged decent event on the roads... reality is not very often at all. So unless your going to be doing drift club at a monthly event at a circuit you dont really have any justification for saying OMG RWD LOLZ PLZ

Even honda thought RWD was best for the NSX and S2000 ;)

Permabanned
I've owned a supposedly great handling FWD car and the handling of it made the car boring and difficult to drive fast, it was a fiat coupe 20VT. Being back in a RWD 2 seater with allot less power is infinitely more fun.

Man of Honour

Depends what sort of roads you regularly drive on and how you drive I suppose. I'm better suited to RWD.

One of the main things I miss when I have a FWD car is the ability to lock the rear wheels on aggressive downchanges.

I have absolutely nothing against FWD cars, I just don't enjoy them as much as RWD ones :)

Back
Top Bottom