Recommend me some trance?

Soldato
You probably replied on the MH forums, but what do you think of the Lee Haslam remix of melbourne? I was a little surprised at the criticism, i've loved nearly all his productions since he jumped from hard house to trance.

What producing software are you using? Have you had any kind of training or just learning by doing?

I've not actually listened to the Lee Haslam mix to be honest dood. The original is good, but not the best work from Tyas, but good none the less. I figured the Melbourne competition would be a good way of introducing myself to remixing etc as its got the proper parts to the tune available etc, so its a nice way to ease myself into it.

I'm using Ableton and Acid Pro at the moment, just got hold of a wedgeload of VST's and i've got an M-Audio MIDI keyboard too to help me out.

Just got the Vengeance sound packs (which everyone uses), and a couple other ones aswell, just trying to build my collection of samples up at the moment, and learn about different techniques in Ableton.

I've had no training at the moment, so it's basically learn as I go and fiddle with stuff. I am most probably going to do some sort of music production course or Ableton course at the Manchester Midi School in the Summer. The Ableton course is a bargain imo at about £125 and teaches you the ins and outs of Ableton both for producing and for Live performance so will be good to know
But I'm also thinking of doing the production course which is about £350, but covers full production and mastering using different softwares and that should give me the best grounding to work from really.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Was pretty underwhelmed when i heard it on TATW this morning, and the youtube video has just confirmed that. Breaking ties i thought was pretty poor as well.

Siren of the sea and Miracle are leagues ahead imo

To be honest whenever i find out any new above & beyond track is being released I automatically start bracing myself for the onslaught it gets on radio shows and livesets. By the time it's been out a week i can't stand it - even if i liked it originally

(Sorry ROSSI, nothing personal :p)

Caporegime
Was pretty underwhelmed when i heard it on TATW this morning, and the youtube video has just confirmed that. Breaking ties i thought was pretty poor as well.

Siren of the sea and Miracle are leagues ahead imo

100% concurage from me.

kr00t0n - These New Beats

1. Steve Smooth, JJ Flores and Colette - Stay (John Dahlback)
2. Laidback Luke & Roman Salzger - Generation Noise (TV Rock)
3. Zoo Brazil - Kalle (Albin Myers)
4. Ilja Soloviev & Paul Miller - Lover Summer (Orjan Nilsen)
5. Moodfreak - Far From You
6. Armin van Buuren - Unforgivable (First State Smooth Mix)
7. Andy Duguid - Dont Belong (Phynn)
8. Super8 & Tab - Delusion (Ronski Speed)
9. Joonas Hahmo - Radiance
10. Krivi - Sunrise In Boka
11. Sean Tyas - Melbourne
12. Algarve vs Cold Blue - Sakura (Arctic Moon)
13. Rene Ablaze - Stealin Love (Dima Krasnik)

Soldato
OP
I don't know about anyone else but i have been very disappointed by the recent crop of vocal tracks, Ferry, Armin, JOC, Oceanlab. They are all pretty generic and interchangeable and do little for me, so i was pleased to stumble across this gem last night. Finally a decent vocal track for January!

Gabriel Lukosz feat Rachele Warner - Last One Out

All the remixes on this release i thought were superb, with the original probably being my favourite. I couldn't find the original on youtube so here is the, also very good, Myon & Shane 54 remix

HELP PLEASE,

Dash Berlin with Cerf, Mitiska feat. Jaren - Man on the run (Vox Mix)

I'm looking for the above on vinyl, can anyone help me ?

I'm not really into the vinyl scene so wouldn't really know where to look, I've had a little mooch around google but couldn't really find anything, if anyone could help it would be much appreciated.

Soldato
HELP PLEASE,

Dash Berlin with Cerf, Mitiska feat. Jaren - Man on the run (Vox Mix)

I'm looking for the above on vinyl, can anyone help me ?

I'm not really into the vinyl scene so wouldn't really know where to look, I've had a little mooch around google but couldn't really find anything, if anyone could help it would be much appreciated.

Hard to Find Records, Juno, Fleabay

Soldato
OP
Just recorded a new mix. I've not listened back yet but i'm not convinced it'll be as good as i hope. A couple of the mixes in the second half went waywards and in trying to jump up and down through styles i'm concerned it'll sound a bit too mish mashed. Here is the tracklist anyway

01 - Indecent Noise - Back Stabber (Vojt van Twistigen)
02 - Dave Schiemann - Overload (Re-Ward)
03 - Rank1 - LED There be light (LaserLight)
04 - TiDi - Is it Cold? (Re-Ward)
05 - Marcel Woods - Can't Sleep
06 - George Acosta - War of Hearts (Roy Gates)
07 - Paul Webster - Corruption (Mac & Taylor)
08 - Reconceal - When i find you (Marcos)
09 - Arctic Moon & Truewave - On Silver Wings (Marcos)
10 - Hodel & Hornblad - Hydrogren (Michael Angelo)
11 - Tiddey - Taylla (Paul Miller)
12 - Adam Nickey - Slider (Sean Tyas)
13 - Vicky Devine - Facing the Truth (Dan Powers)
14 - Thrillseekers - City of angels (Genix)
15 - Claudi Cazacu - Earproof
16 - Sean Tyas - Melbourne (Lee Haslam)
17 - Dazzle - Relativity
18 - Roland & Wright - Mysterious Movement (Pierre Pienaar)
19 - Andy Mac - Solar Storm
20 - Neal Scarborough - Panama
21 - Simon Patterson vs. Veracoche - Carte Smack (F1D0)
22 - Will Atkinson - Enough is Enough (Mac & Taylor)
23 - Paul Webster - Cut Off (Will Atkinson)

Last edited:
Soldato
21 - Simon Patterson vs. Veracoche - Carte Smack (F1D0)

Quality bootleg that.

I'd remove that link from your sig aswell Grrrrr, the mods did me for having a link to my site in. Pretty stupid tbh, but hey ho what can you do.

Associate
:Thread revive:

My next big club event - Above & Beyond - Godskitchen, Birmingham - March 21st. Anyone keen?

Also has anyone heard Sean Tyas' essential mix this week? I think I need to check it out

aaazza

Back
Top Bottom