New Bank

Caporegime
How would I go about changing my bank ?

I've been with my current back a fair few years and would like to move to another bank, could you recommend me a bank and could you tell me how I'd go about getting the new bank ?

Do I empty and close my current bank account and just set up a new one ?

Soldato
Apply to open new account. If yes then transfer wages + DD over to new one (some offer to do ths for free however after a bad experience [first direct] I do them all myself). Close old account.

Associate
It's fairly simple. A matter of just setting up a new current account, and getting any standing orders/direct debits etc switched over. You don't have to close your account. As for which account is most suitable, it depends massively on what you require. Some accounts are better depending on the amount you'll be paying in each month, and some are way better if you need an overdraft. Moneysavingexpert.com has a good page on current accounts - I'd suggest you spend some time looking there for ideas - http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/banking/compare-best-bank-accounts

Permabanned
just dont touch anyone associated with the HSBC group i.e first direct, bunch of unhelpful ****s and will rob you the moment they can with their 'charges'

Associate
First Direct without a doubt. Banking really has never been so hassle-free. Amazing service over the phone 24/7/365 answered by a person (usually within 5-8 rings) who will be able to do everything you want them to do in >75% of cases.

Those few times they need to transfer you to a different department, the people in the other department are all unfailingly polite as well as extremely competent.

Caporegime
just dont touch anyone associated with the HSBC group i.e first direct, bunch of unhelpful ****s and will rob you the moment they can with their 'charges'

So don't bother with the biggest & safest banking group in the world at the moment is what you're saying?

I can't say I've had any trouble with HSBC myself and unlike a lot of other banks they haven't had to go running to the Govt for help due to irresponsible lending.

Back
Top Bottom