What don't you like about current generation consoles/games?

Soldato
I just dont think games today are as good as they once were, sure there have been some really good games this gen the likes of Gears, MGS4 & GTA4 being the three that jump instantly to mind and from personal opinion Bioshock should be added to that list also but I dont think in 10 years time these games with be held in the same esteem that the likes of Goldeneye are 12 years on after that was first released

As has been mentioned previously so many games these days get the 9/10 10/10 treatment which suggests that their either near perfect or perfect and although it all comes down to opinions there's no way that Halo 3 is the perfect FPS

Soldato
Now now, Loads of people love it, Including me. It's a typical Japanese\Anime plot, It is over the top, and extremely unlikely, While at the same time grasping at certain concepts that could be possible in the future. You don't like it though, Fine.

MGS4's plot IS terrible though. Especially after comparing it to Snake Eater.

Soldato
Try valkyria chronicles then :)

Yeah the game is technically about killing things, but it's such a unique game and the storyline is... well just great tbh, not ground breaking but a nice departure from the usual 'you are the guy that will save the world' mentality.

yeah i bought that at same time as the wrestling game :D

only played that wrestling game for 2 days, i initially liked it but now i dont - it looks great but doesnt *play* well imho.

The bugs in royal rumble are gameplay destroying. You cant actually do any grapple moves in it...i mean wtf thats a pretty big bug not to be fixed yeah? Unless thats deliberate..

Sooo thats one game getting traded back in - NEXT UP.... Valykrie Chronicles. I hope this brings new hope to my gaming!

Soldato
Lack of simulation/strategy games, current generation consoles are easily capable of reproducing games like the total war series and IL2, whilst IL2 is coming to consoles (and its about time too) its been a long time coming and a bit of a missed opportunity really.

Soldato
Lack of simulation/strategy games, current generation consoles are easily capable of reproducing games like the total war series and IL2, whilst IL2 is coming to consoles (and its about time too) its been a long time coming and a bit of a missed opportunity really.

We got ARMA 2 and Operation Flashpoint as well. OF is coming summer and ARMA at some point.

alx

alx

Soldato

Yep especially as the PS3 supports mice/keyboards.

The fact that the PS3 version of Red Alert 3 doesn't support the use of a mouse atm is shocking.

Soldato
Yep especially as the PS3 supports mice/keyboards.

The fact that the PS3 version of Red Alert 3 doesn't support the use of a mouse atm is shocking.

What i was going to lead on realy.

A little bit more than that, remembering when it was said the ps3 version was canned because it didn't suit the console audience... i look back at one of my favourite games on the orginal ps1 red alert, and i wasn't alone in that, was one of the systems top selling games of the time.

Link up/mouse support, quality version in every respect.

Thats it for me, ea used to be cool, teritorial/marketing release strategies have ruined a small part of the console scene for me.

alx

alx

Soldato
What i was going to lead on realy.

A little bit more than that, remembering when it was said the ps3 version was canned because it didn't suit the console audience... i look back at one of my favourite games on the orginal ps1 red alert, and i wasn't alone in that, was one of the systems top selling games of the time.

Link up/mouse support, quality version in every respect.

Thats it for me, ea used to be cool, teritorial/marketing release strategies have ruined a small part of the console scene for me.

Good point.

I don't know why they didn't include mouse support, it could have been the game to showcase how well RTS can work on consoles when using a mouse. I think I remember reading that they put a lot of effort into the pad control system so maybe they think it's good enough or don't want people to feel they have to buy a mouse to play the game properly.

We can always hope that they bring out mouse support later on.

Associate
At least SOME anti aliasing next gen consoles please..

Oh and shameless advertising on NXE - it would at least be nice to have "MY Xbox" as the default channel, i don't mind looking through the stuff there sometimes, but I do not turn on my Xbox to see what's under "Spotlight" . Kinda makes me sick as from a user experience perspective they know full well that my Xbox should be default but instead they shove their ads in your face... It just seems that with the advancement of technology and media things like this are getting progressively worse.

I know this is a particular point but annoys me since I paid for Xbox Live and my Xbox and games yet they still plaster advertising everywhere..

Last edited:

aob

aob

Associate
Oh and shameless advertising on NXE - it would at least be nice to have "MY Xbox" as the default channel

Yeah, in principle it is very annoying, and you're paying to have it slapped in your face everytime you turn on your 360 too which I hate.

Everything is becoming more ad driven, I personally hate the overlay ads they've started putting on youtube videos, I mean that's ridiculous, blocking the video I'm watching to sell me something I don't wanna buy

Back
Top Bottom