• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Dell SFF Desktop - I Need Low Profile GFX Card

Associate
i bought a dell gx270 for my kids, it is mainly for pc use& the xbox 360 is for gaming, however i tried to install spore and it wont load due to too low performance gfx on the motherboard. Also i can get a widescreen resolution for the desktop on the monitor.

what half height low profile cards are available that are cheap and will run games at a low resolution. Not looking for high performance just something that 'will do the job' .:D

here is a pic of the pc we have, the brackets on the rear need to be half height too.

GX270P428-1B.jpg

Don
you'll need a half height AGP card

I think the nvidia 5200 fits the bill, may have to remove/cut the bay plate yourself though (easy task)

or 6200

Last edited:
Associate
OP
you'll need a half height AGP card

I think the nvidia 5200 fits the bill, may have to remove/cut the bay plate yourself though (easy task)

or 6200

is this the card you mean ?

4603d1217776837-e-geforce-128mb-fx-5200-graphics-card-e-geforce-128mb-fx-5200-graphics-card.jpg

ok thanks, i just dont what you suggested with an old ati 9200 card and it worked, i now have a widescreen resolution desktop but spore still dont wrk it says it requires pixel shader 2.0 gfx card. Ill have a look at the nvidia card you suggested and see if it supports pixel shader 2.0.

cheers

:D

Associate
OP
If the backplate is to long there are kits that you can get from XFX that have smaller backplates.

thanks mate, it quite easy to cut the backplate shorter so i may do that, im not fussy about not being able to reuse them again. ;)

the 5200 will support pixel shader 2, the 6200 will support pixel shader 3.0..

excellent, i am now watching a few 6200 and 5200 on ebay so it looks as though they will be really cheap so i dont mind modifying them :D

Back
Top Bottom