• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Are you going buy one ATI new 5 series or wait to see what Nvidia releases ??

Soldato
So are you going be buying one of ATI new 5 series cards on release or are you going wait to see what DX11 cards nvidia going to be releasing to go up against the new ATI 5 series cards ???

Caporegime
I'll wait and see what NVidia have to offer but 5870 is quite impressive and it's good to see ATI not having to rely on Crossfire so much this generation, I really can't see NVidia releasing a card that smashes 5870 like GTX280 did to the 4870 but I will wait and see just in case. :p

C64

C64

Soldato
No point because there's no games to play on it yet.

Nothing is struggling on my 4850 that I play every day or often.

Associate
I am gonna get a new rig January. So whateva is fastest around then I will get lol.

Though I will go ATI if nvidia dont do the multiscreen thing. The nvidia cards would have to be phenomonal for me to choose them without the multiscreen support.

Associate
Buying 2x 5870s 2gig versions.

Nvidia havent got a hope in hell of getting my money, even if they released a 20x more powerfull card.

So if NV released a card 20x more powerful for the same price you are seriously saying you wouldn't buy it? I smell a liar! :D

Oh and I'm waiting to see what NV reply with, the trusty 280 still does me proud for now.

Soldato
well now i have £257 to spend. i was gonna buy a am3 platform but i think i'm moving away from that.

so maybe i'll get a 5850 or 5870.

do u think £257 will be enough for a 5870?

Soldato
I'm gonna be waiting for a while until I get it, though the 5870 is great. I need an upgrade from an 8400GS :p

Either way I'mma be better off. I'll wait for prices to fall.

Associate
I dunno yet. I will definatly be building a new computer for this autumn / winter as my single core pc is getting annoying.

I may wait a month or two though before the purchase, but just have to see what the price is though. If it's cheap then I think a lot of people will buy them. However, if expensive then people may wait till what Nvidia has to offer and then make a decsision.

Soldato
So if NV released a card 20x more powerful for the same price you are seriously saying you wouldn't buy it? I smell a liar! :D

Oh and I'm waiting to see what NV reply with, the trusty 280 still does me proud for now.

I didnt say price, but if that was the case and they had the same or under the price of ati then i guess i would truthfully go for the NVIDIA card but who wouldnt im not stupid lol but i do know that will never be a reality so thats why i didnt state a price. :)

Soldato
fairly set on a day 1 purchase of a 5870 from my current 8800gt. Will see what prices and go from there.

Alternative is a new SSD and a 4890 to tide me over till next year when Nvidia launch there stuff!!

Permabanned

In reality, an nVidia card at 20x faster would be more likely to be 100x more expensive.

Well I say reality, I meant nVality.

Associate
Depends on how long I have to wait for Nvidia but I'll more than likely to wait and see whats around. A bit of competition will drive some prices down :D

Soldato
do u think £257 will be enough for a 5870?

I'll be pleasantly surprised if it's less than £300-350 at launch, even if it's only to separate the enthusiastic early adopters from their cash. :)

Of course if you're planning to enter the world of multi-monitor gaming you can subtract the notional cost of a Triplehead unit (about £220!) making it a relatively cheap card, given the overall package.

I suspect ATI marketing is fully aware of this, and if that card really can perform well at relatively low power consumption I'm sure many people will be tempted to part with the cash sooner rather than later.

Andrew McP

Back
Top Bottom