Job interview on Tuesday

Soldato
Hi all

Right, so, an agency contacted me last week as they found my C.V. on Monster. They said that there was a job opening with a Business Travel Agency and they are looking for people with the experience/skills I have. The agency said that the wages are £16,000 to £20,000pa dependent on experience. Great I thought, a few perks and good wages as I'm currently on £14,300pa. Well, I was just researching the company website and typed the address into google as I need to know where it is (don't want to be later for my interview). A few clicks later I landed on the job centre website and there was the job that I applied for but the wage stated £5.73 per hour negotiable.

My question is - Do you think the agency was lying or do you think that if I get the job, I'll get anything from £16,000 up?

Sorry, if I get this job it'll be my 3rd in 7 years so I don't really have much experience with wages and stuff :(

mjt

mjt

Soldato
the only way to find out is to go through the interview as normal, and then mention it during wage negotiations
the advert you found could be a slightly different job than the one advertised, or the agency quoted you a higher wage due to your experience and skills.

do not mention money in the interview unless they bring it up first.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom