While we wait for Eyefinity...

Associate
...Can folks start posting up some bezel widths for their monitors?

Another thing to make choices harder :p

Also if OCUK could add these to the product descriptions that would be pretty great too.

Associate
Latest musing suggest that that you will need a monitor with a display port input for triplehead and a simple DP to DVI convertor will not work, only a rather more expensive 'active' one

TripleHDTV-cables.jpg

And from the ATI Eyefinity page
"Driver version 8.66 (Catalyst 9.10) or above is required to support ATI Eyefinity technology and to enable a third display you require one panel with a DisplayPort connector."

Last edited:
Soldato
Latest musing suggest that that you will need a monitor with a display port input for triplehead and a simple DP to DVI convertor will not work, only a rather more expensive 'active' one

This could put a major spanner in the multi-screen works. I'm hoping it's going to be simpler (and cheaper) than it's beginning to sound.

Andrew McP

Soldato
I'm hoping it's going to be simpler too.

I'm planning on getting a 5850 and two more Saumsung 2443s, which only have VGA and DVI...

EDIT - Techpowerup forums' W!zzard suggests that the only reason one must be displayport compatible is because one gfx card can only have 2 x DVI outputs. If this is the case, then a simple adapter should be all that's needed.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom