iPhone Gaming

Soldato
Don't be ignorant, I explained why it was here.

I'm not being ignorant, you're being lazy. There's already a thread in the correct forum with all the information you need - it was even linked to for you. This is the console forum, the iPhone isn't a console - pretty straight forward. What do you hope to get from having ANOTHER thread here? You'll get the same answers because the same people use the Apple forums too.

I don't want this forum to fill up with iPhone game questions either. It's unnecessary.

Caporegime
OP
I'm not being ignorant, you're being lazy. There's already a thread in the correct forum with all the information you need - it was even linked to for you. This is the console forum, the iPhone isn't a console - pretty straight forward. What do you hope to get from having ANOTHER thread here? You'll get the same answers because the same people use the Apple forums too.

I don't want this forum to fill up with iPhone game questions either. It's unnecessary.

Because the other thread is MASSIVE and is full of all sorts of applications, it will take too long to trawl through and isolate the games.

Why don't you leave it up to the mods to decide and stop trying to be a vigilante.

Caporegime
OP
Thanks for ruining my thread as well, hope you're proud of yourself.

If it bothered you that much a simple RTM would have done, without the need to fill my thread with *****.

Woman of Honour
Man of Honour
Zenonia - Great Zelda-esque RPG. Takes about 25hrs to play through too which makes for impressive value!
Space Invaders Infinity Gene - absolutely brilliant re-envisioning of the old classic
Rise of Lost Empires - Very much like Warcraft III and great fun for the price

Soldato
I was quite polite with my original post here, even included a smile for you so there was no animosity in my message. You came back calling me ignorant knowing full well that the info you needed was in the Apple forum.

Soldato

What forum should motorsport be in? Motors or Sports Arena?

It's 50/50. Same as this thread really.

Associate
I was quite polite with my original post here, even included a smile for you so there was no animosity in my message. You came back calling me ignorant knowing full well that the info you needed was in the Apple forum.

Personally I'm quite happy with this thread being here. As this thread is games only, and the iPhone does play games, it would get lost in the mobile phone thread (And technically, this thread isn't about mobile phones, it's about games).

Anywho:

#1: Flight Control (AWESOME). Bluetooth multiplayer is great.
#2: Worms. Much improved since the original release, works much better.
#3: Real Racing. Brilliant racing game.
#4: Peggle.
#5: Monopoly.
#6: Jelly Car.

Caporegime
I have Tapulous (free) and Peggle )paid_.

The iPod is rubbish as a gaming device. Any graphically intensive game (Peggle), turn on full brightness and medium/high volume and you will get about 1 hour of gaming, or less. DS/i or PSP would get crucified if they were that bad (I have not played a PSP or DS to death for at least 2 years but even back then they had battery life of at least 3 hours of gaming).

The iPod is very bad for gaming as it is substandard hardware and crappy ports with a very limited control interface.

rp2000

Don
I have Tapulous (free) and Peggle )paid_.

The iPod is rubbish as a gaming device. Any graphically intensive game (Peggle), turn on full brightness and medium/high volume and you will get about 1 hour of gaming, or less. DS/i or PSP would get crucified if they were that bad (I have not played a PSP or DS to death for at least 2 years but even back then they had battery life of at least 3 hours of gaming).

The iPod is very bad for gaming as it is substandard hardware and crappy ports with a very limited control interface.

rp2000

Have you played such games as Sandstorm or Real Racing?

Caporegime
Have you played such games as Sandstorm or Real Racing?

No, tbh I tried some lite versions of games and due to lack of physical buttons I found none of them were accurate enough for me to enjoy. Tilting screens to play and virtual keypads are rubbish control schemes imo, and crap battery life means that a small percentage of time gaming, eats into a large percentage of music time :(

I am just saying anyway, I bought this as an iPod, mainly, not a games device, I don't want to trash this thread, just giving my honest opinions :)

rp2000

Don
Totally disagree. There aren't actually that many games that, after a few plays, I never go back to. Too many limitations, especially with the control systems.

Each to their own, I find it more entertaining than the PS3/360 at the mo. The novelty of course might wear off though, they keep releasing good addictive games though so can't see it happening.

Back
Top Bottom