Fuel injectors

Soldato
What is the best way to clean fuel injectors ? i have read that a sonic bath is the way but what if you have no such item is there a way.

Many thx jay.

Soldato
I was quite pleased with the black bottle of STP fuel system cleaner, as an in place solution. Seemed to feel better at low RPM, got an average of 2.5mpg more out of it. This on a petrol car with 100,000 miles on the injectors.

Maybe you could marinade them in it?

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
I was quite pleased with the black bottle of STP fuel system cleaner, as an in place solution. Seemed to feel better at low RPM, got an average of 2.5mpg more out of it.

This on a petrol car with 100,000 miles on the injectors.

Ok sorry i can see this may help but the injector is blocked :( and the garage want £20 + labour per injector too clean and there are 6

ps.This is my brothers car i know nothing about cars so bare with me he also does not know which injector is blocked the garage say 1 maybe 2 are blocked.

Last edited:
Soldato
I was quite pleased with the black bottle of STP fuel system cleaner, as an in place solution. Seemed to feel better at low RPM, got an average of 2.5mpg more out of it. This on a petrol car with 100,000 miles on the injectors.

Maybe you could marinade them in it?
how does this stuff work, do you just pour it in your tank? and drive like normal?

Soldato
and this works well?, might give it ago, any potential downsides?

Catastrophic failure of the injectors? Ask around, see if anyone has found good results from a particular brand in your motor. Make sure there are no horror stories. I had heard good things about the black bottle of STP in alfa twin spark engines.

Last edited:

Zip

Zip

Soldato
Ok sorry i can see this may help but the injector is blocked :( and the garage want £20 + labour per injector too clean and there are 6

ps.This is my brothers car i know nothing about cars so bare with me he also does not know which injector is blocked the garage say 1 maybe 2 are blocked.

Its your only way TBH..
Or new injector time.

Mine has 7 of the damm things got them all done and found the ECU had **** it self to which caused them to block up. (Stay open)
Bloody cars:(

Zip

Zip

Soldato
7 injectors?

Well its a V6 and Apparently there is one near the manifold. I found out this by browsing online while my car was away being fixed:p
Unless i have mistaken an 3VZ-FE for a 3VZ-E (Unless the multiple pages on the internet was lieing to me)

I think they may have just done the 6 regular ones though

Edit: Now that i look for it i cant seem to find anything on it. Maybe i dreamed it :o

EDit Again: I WASNT DREAMING! :D I just Missread the engine code in my rush, Its actually "some" of the newer 1MZs which have the 7th in the Intake Plenum or a kit for the 1MZ that gives it an Extra one. I must have been reading like a maniac that day :o

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom