S2000 Dilemma

Associate
Hi All

I've been looking at S2000s for a few months now. I will be buying one of these this week. I'm undecided on which of these I should go for: -

The advantage of this one is that it has the optional hardtop and had some recent work (pads, discs, tyres and a recent service). It's a colour which will certainly stand out. Not sure on the disadvantage although people I work with say it will be too in your face.

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1234057.htm

Also this one: -

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1226004.htm - Disadvantage of this one is it has no hardtop and is a euro import (I guess this doesn't matter as the warranty is up anyway).

What do you think?

Dup

Dup

Soldato
I'd go for the first as the colour doesn't bother me and it's had the main points looked after before purchase. I'd be worried about extra insurance costs on an import too. If you like the yellow personally, who cares what colleagues think? It's a pretty rare colour too I think.

Either that or get some money knocked off the 2nd one assuming it may need consumables in the near future.

Associate
OP
I'd go for the first as the colour doesn't bother me and it's had the main points looked after before purchase. I'd be worried about extra insurance costs on an import too. If you like the yellow personally, who cares what colleagues think? It's a pretty rare colour too I think.

Either that or get some money knocked off the 2nd one assuming it may need consumables in the near future.

Yeah I understand what you are saying. The Silver one the guy will not sell it for less than 11k. I've managed to £250 off the yellow one. It was originally up for £12800 but this week he dropped to £12000. So now we've agreed £11750.

In terms of import speaking to the guys on S2k they said it will be the same as a UK model.

Associate
OP
Why would you need a hard top? I've had soft top cars for years and have never felt that I've needed a hard top during winter.

I do like the look of the S2000 with a hardtop. I will be using this a daily driver so with a hardtop I guess it will be more secure in the dodgy areas.

Soldato
I've always used my cars as daily drivers and parked in dodgy areas and never had any problems. I don't think a soft top is any more of a risk than a hard top, it's quicker for a thief to smash a window than rip a soft top.

Associate
OP
I've always used my cars as daily drivers and parked in dodgy areas and never had any problems. I don't think a soft top is any more of a risk than a hard top, it's quicker for a thief to smash a window than rip a soft top.

Just my personal experience. I had an old eunos roadster (mx5) and some git decided to put a big tear through it. They didn't even try and pinch anything.

Caporegime
I've got the Moonrock and decided on it because it doesn't stick out as much as other colours, you might want to consider that if your parking in bad areas.

Soldato
Before you buy one, make sure its had a full geometry and all bushes removed and greased (get confirmation of this as well).

If this hasn't been done then just walk away, its pretty costly to rectify (Ive just had the rear toes done because they were seized on my 04, cars even as new as 08 have the problem as well!).

Oh and hardtop is actually quite nice for winter, besides the fact if you dont like it you can flog it for £700 or so with the fitting kit.

Out of those two id go for the yellow, Silver is just so meh.

Soldato
Get a blue one.
DSC_5476_1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom