***** Samsung SpinPoint F3 1TB Hard Drive In Stock *****

Soldato
HD-082-SA_400.jpg

The F3 operates at 7200RPM with offerings of up to 1TB data storage capacity by using two 500GB per platter disks. As well as meeting datacentre requirements for addition storage to meet rising demand and increasing performance needs, the new drives also deliver high-performance with lower power for desktop computers and servers.

- Capacity: 1TB
- Cache: 32MB
- Interface: SATA-II
- Spin Speed: 7200RPM
- Seek Time: 8.9ms
- Warranty: 3 Years

Only £59.98 Inc. VAT

BUY NOW

Soldato
Yeah, but as we've been saying in the other thread, what are the access times really like? some reviews put it at over 16ms, others at 13 but either way it's way to high, meaning performance really is like a 5400RPM drive.

Associate
How do one of these compare to the Western Digital Blacks? Just need to know what the best regular 500GB to 1TB drive is and I'll buy on your recommendations.

Soldato
Me too, in fact I just have!!!

I have 4 ;)

There is a notable difference between 3 and 2 platter versions and also 16 and 32mb cache versions. kind of irrelivent mind as i only use them for storage but I still benchmark :D

Can see 100mbps ish sustaind read/wright with large files, movies etc on the newer veriants. really very impressive for 5400rpm storage drives. the seak isnt great but it isnt all that bad either ;)

Associate
I replaced all my SpinPoint F1s with EcoGreen F2s, and enjoying a quieter PC. Also I replaced all seagate HDDs with WD HDDs. Seagate fails too much. I hope WDs are reliable.

Associate
Hmmm, dilemma.

My hard drive is dying, I can hear the head noise getting worse daily - do I replace it with one of these relatively untried drives, a WD green (but wait until they're in stock) or another comparable drive?

My priority is really to keep the noise down (particularly head noise!) so as long as performance isn't impacted too badly day to day, I'll survive.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom