Few pics of my i7 rig

Caporegime
Just completed my i7 build and took a few pics along the way. Spec is.

I7 920 DO
Asus p6t dlx v2
6 gb ocz reaper 1600 cl7.

Picture012.jpg

Picture013.jpg

Picture014.jpg

Picture016.jpg

Picture017.jpg

Picture021.jpg

A few things left to do, such as braiding the wires on my fan controller and the fans themselves in black (not to keen on the white) and a few black sata cables.

Caporegime
OP
Thanks, the removable tray is certainly very handy when it comes to assembling the system, though mine did tend to vibrate a little, so i had to insert a small rubber strip on the top rail that the tray slides along to cure this.

Soldato
You could always just braid your SATA data cables instead of buying black ones..

I have horrid yellow ones in my case atm, but I have just ordered a bunch of braid and heatshrink so I can sleeve all of my SATA cables, front panel wires, and some of my fans.

I'm thinking about doing the individual wire sleeving on my PCIE, 8 pin and 24 pin PSU cables, although from what I have seen it is meant to be a real PITA..

I might just buy the extensions and sleeve those instead of my PSU's cables, should be easier that way!!!

Can you not route your PCIe cables down between the mobo tray and side panel then pull them through one of those holes in the mobo tray and then connect them to your GFX?

It makes things much tidier doing it like this imo.

Same with all the unused cables, just tuck them down there out of the way to.

I like those fans mate, they look really nice. :)

Caporegime
OP
You could always just braid your SATA data cables instead of buying black ones..

I have horrid yellow ones in my case atm, but I have just ordered a bunch of braid and heatshrink so I can sleeve all of my SATA cables, front panel wires, and some of my fans.

I'm thinking about doing the individual wire sleeving on my PCIE, 8 pin and 24 pin PSU cables, although from what I have seen it is meant to be a real PITA..

I might just buy the extensions and sleeve those instead of my PSU's cables, should be easier that way!!!

Can you not route your PCIe cables down between the mobo tray and side panel then pull them through one of those holes in the mobo tray and then connect them to your GFX?

It makes things much tidier doing it like this imo.

Same with all the unused cables, just tuck them down there out of the way to.

I like those fans mate, they look really nice. :)
The cable holes on the mobo tray arent great tbh mate, theyre ok for sata cables but any cables from the psu are a pita to get through, fans davy are sharkoon silent eagle se's, currently ran via pwm, they feature a modular cable system enabling them to run on various voltage or pwm cables.

That case looks horrible(no offence), by any chance what is it called, not one i seen before.
Its an akasa eclipse 62, actually quite a well known case, certainly no looker but it is a good no frills case, perhaps getting on a bit now as the design is rather old.

Caporegime
OP
Cheers guys. 4ghz would be nice, anything else would be a bonus, got to do a bit of reading up on i7 clocking. Seems a bit more complex than my previous q6600 and q9550 on p5q deluxe, got 3.8ghz from those 2 cpu's with a bit of tweaking.

Associate
Nice dude, likeing that a lot - makes me look forward to ordering my new rig, but cant til payday! (5870 prob wont be back in stock til then anyways! - next week)

Associate
Nice Rig & Case!

Hi M8

Nice job on the new i7 upgrade.

I have the akasa eclipse 62 case and I have to say the picture does not do it much justice and I reckon the case does look pretty good in the flesh, its well made and not over the top.

Would appreciate your thoughts on the Asus mobo as I am still undecided between the Gigabyte x58-UD5 and the Asus P6T Deluxe V2, hoping the Asus mobo is stable for you and trouble free.

Regards

Coolur

C64

C64

Soldato
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom