Forza Motorsport 3 Demo Discussion Thread

Soldato
Is it cockpit view only on the demo?

No there are plenty of other views as well.

People are saying it feels a lot different to Forza 2, is that really the case ? and how so ?
Its different but not by a lot it is still Forza underneath, bit more fruity in the race car perhaps. Its hard to describe the difference the main thing for me is that feeling of weight.

What?

Could you post a screenie?
May get a screenie up in a sec, basically its like bumper cam when you look left/right where in a few other racers you would still see the cars interior as if you were looking out of the window from your seat.

Oh and when looking back as well, no seats in the back or rear window it seems. Tried two cars now and its the same in both.

Permabanned
Just done a race and so far I'm impressed. Loving the car handling, just need to get used to it. Turned most of the assists off, automatic braking seems a bit silly to me IMO.

I have notice a lot of jaggies though.

Soldato
you can view around the cockpit, just have to push forward on the right stick then move it left and right.

Are we going to have a competition to see who can get the best time in a certain car??

This mans right tried it now, how odd it still feels very limited.

Replay mode is awesome, looks great and lots of camera angles. Once your in say Heli cam you can hit X to move that to further distances/angles. Video uploads will be epic for this game.

Last edited:
Soldato
I'd suggest that its a gameplay tool to have no door frames if you look at a right angle, so you can see clearly if someone is coming up the side of you in a race - hence being able to look around the cockpit if you push the stick differently.

Associate
my word this is soooooooooo good to drive, screw how it looks (which has shown that i need to get a new tv as mine is far too dark) it just feels so good, handling is bliss, considering i've been playing shift and Dirt 2 all week this just feels right compared to the arcadey handling on the others.

Cannot blooooomin wait for the full game now, my avatar is ready just need to find my own driving suit now!

Caporegime
you can view around the cockpit, just have to push forward on the right stick then move it left and right.

Are we going to have a competition to see who can get the best time in a certain car??

Would be pointless with the rewind feature in the demo. The game feels spot on though. Seems a little strange to say the least clutching and shifting with a flappy paddle but i guess I will get used to it. Hope you can remap the clutch key to a different button on the wheel. X would feel a lot more natural to me. A lack of steering wheel adjustments is not good but it will be in the full game. I prefer a little less force feedback then standard. The graphics are a huge step up from F2 and driving in the cockpit view seems very natural as well. Roll on October!!!

Back
Top Bottom